Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Map Light Problem

harveycafc

Hello

I swapped the normal 265 Festoon Bulb map light for a Blue LED one and sometimes it flickers.

It also then stays on very very slightly when the light is on the "doors open" setting, even when the doors are closed and the car is off and locked.

Has anyone else experienced this, and therefore could anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance, Harvey.

Fiesta Zetec Mk6.5 2007

The flickering is possibly just the placement, if needs be you can bend the contacts closer together to ensure a secure fitment. As for the very dim glow, that is the residual charge of the current in the wires just flowing through the LED.

The flickering is possibly just the placement, if needs be you can bend the contacts closer together to ensure a secure fitment. As for the very dim glow, that is the residual charge of the current in the wires just flowing through the LED.

Thanks, I'll have another go tomorrow.

As with the residual charge, you don't think its using up the battery then? I did wait until the greeny dash screen had gone out completely and it was still on then. It also glows in the same way when driving, unlike it did with the original bulb.

LED's use so little power that it will take days to use what a standard bulb will use in a couple of hours!

If you go back to the car after a short while it should be off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club