Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Lighting(2013 Fiesta Titanium Eco Boost)

michael2467

I have a 2013 Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Eco-boost,with automatic lighting.The problem is that my lights seem to stay on permanently,regardless of weather conditions.Is there a sensor somewhere that controls the lights which could require a clean,or is it likely to be a faulty sensor?

The sensor IIRC is on the dashboard, or possibly mounted to the rear of the rear view mirror.

If there is something blocking it, or darkening it, this will cause the lights to stay on permenantly.

Are you referring to dipped headlights, or just sidelights? as these could be the DRL's?

I am refering to dipped headlights,not DRL

I bought a Titanium 62 plate Fiesta in October and thought at first there was something wrong with the lights because once they came on they never seemed to go off again until I switched the engine off. However, i realised eventually that they do turn off, it's just that it takes them a while. My last car was a Corsa and its lights seemed a lot more sensitive. Most of my journeys are to and from work and in these dark winter days the lights never turn off. Perhaps this is the same for your car?

Got the same car and it's much the same with my dipped lights, not a great issue but it does seem a decent amount of light is needed to turn the lights off. Sometimes it's borderline and they're on and off all the time but generally I've just learnt to live with it. I've noticed they also come on if there's very strong low sunlight behind/in front which I sort of like, makes me a bit more seen when the sun is in the eyes of other drivers. Your right though, it's automatic and works but it's a bit cack handed as to how it's tuned and responds :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club