Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.8 Tdci 03 (In Profile Picture)

Gezziefizzle

I bought a 03 1.8 tdci ford focus 2 weeks ago ive noticed a few problems i already knew id need ed a cambelt change, im due to get the front wheel bearings, bottom arms (because the bushes have gone) and the cambelt kit fitted i am probably going to replace the rear shoes and drums too.

The main problem is when its cold it is a pain in the backside to start first thing in the morning i flick the heater plugs 3 times and it still takes a few minutes to tick over. Once it starts in the morning i never get the problem again until the next day. I do park the car in 3rd gear because the handbrake needs tightening. I dont think thats the reason it does it but its annoying me now. It also has a sump leak from the seal but i dont think thats the reason why it struggles to start, ive herd the sump leaks a common problem and not worth worrying about as its an easy fix. If anyone has any ideas it will be very much apreciated

Most likely the glow plugs need replacing the cambelt needs to be a kit with tensioners and bolts also the aux belt will need done sump leaks are not common and will need sorted either the sump plug seal or main seal needs replaced

It will be either the glow plugs failure, or it could be the flow plug relay needs to be replaced.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club