Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helpppppp Misfire On Ford Focus 2005

copelcon91

Hi all I have an issue with my 2005 1.6 zetec focus. Basically it developed a misfire whi h turned out to be from the core plugs leaking I have had them replaced and new sparks it kept misfiring after that the garage then replaced the ht leads and coil packs and another set of sparks setting the gap to 1.3mm is that right? But it is still misfiring im 3rd gear usually when I have taken a corner then I put full throttle on and the car jumps but only a couple of times and nothing to extreme as when it first had the misfire issue.... any ideas what the problem is? The spark plug gap incorrect? ? Thanks in advanced

Hi not 100% on spark plug code but its had both bosh and now has mgk ones in

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Did you use OBD to read the error code and gives you misfire?

No codes was present was only the garage saying its a misfire after them test driving the car the misfire is not as severe but there a little only one little judder every time you hit the throttle hard

And only in 3rd gear high gears at high speed is fine its around 25mph in 3rd that it does it

I had a similar problem with a friends car but the problem was there was water into the spark plug hole, what i did i took out all the spark plugs and clean with air compressor the holes. Check it and let me know.

Yeah well that's what I have to but I have got 98% out but hole 4 still has a slight amount there? Possible cause? I had this from leaky core plugs

When you say hole do you mean at the top where the spark plugs into ? On top?

Yes, if that is not problem it might have a throttle problem. But check that first and let me know. Your coils and coil pack are brand new right?

Yeah its got new ht leads new sparks new coil pack to just seems strange If its throttle why only 3rd? Could it be the spark plugs gap being incorrect

So no fault codes did u use genuine parts if no faults could be dodgy injector or do compression check could be mechanical issue

So no fault codes did u use genuine parts if no faults could be dodgy injector or do compression check could be mechanical issue

Agree misfire could be many things, you can start by checking the easy ones.

Have had genuine parts fitted and the csrs been pressure tested when the core plugs was at fault and that didnt bring a y ither issues up but not sure if its because of the tiny ammou t of damp in cylinder 4?

Well if it's only a slight misfire it could be that u defo need remove rocker cover dry with hair dryer or heat gun an clean plug leads with electrical contact cleaner an dry them aswell

Seems to be repaired! Fingers crossed aparently ford focus zetec have a gap for sparks of 1mm not 1.3 1.3 can cause the intermittent missing cheers for everyones help!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club