Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Series Of Top Gear

BigD

Just a heads-up as it flew right under my radar til just now - new series starts this Sunday (2nd Feb), BBC2 at 8pm.

Already marked to record.

About the only decent thing to watch on TV lately.

• Like 1

I've been watching The Jump on C4, which has been quite good. Probably not so much if you have no interest in winter sports.

Well, got to say that was complete rubbish. One of the worst episodes of TG I've ever watched.

Yep, a wee bit disappointing. Hopefully next week will be better ;)

dissapointing? ive just been peeing myself with laughter..... especially when they came out of the vinyl wrap garage..... may's xr2i plenty of lol's

nova on its side coming out of supermarket challenge classic :D , but the end was a bit long and boring.

I think the problem for me, is that it's all getting too predictable.

I hope the next episode offers something better.

The last bit in the abandoned camp was when it lost me, rest was alright. Supermarket bit was funny, especially Hammond coming sideways.

Pity they didn't test drive anything. Nice to see some classic hot hatches though, well apart from the nova, brings back memories. One of my mates had an XR2i in the 80's it was awesome at the time. Guess the rose tinted glasses make you remember it being as good as modern day cars.

I also noticed quite a lot of swearing in last night's episode (at least three occasions). Doesn't particularly bother me personally, but I thought there were rules against some of the language used pre-9pm?

I know Clarkson always thinks that the rules don't apply to him, but surely somebody at the BBC must have reviewed it beforehand.

I enjoyed it last night but they did seem to spend loads of time with the old hot hatches without really doing much else!

Took me back a bit so I didn't mind them spending all that time on them. Anyway, I am sure the best is yet to come!

I love cars but absolutely hate this programme. Clarkson and his stooges are as funny as a puncture on the Pennines in a snowstorm. I tried (really tried) to watch it last night because it was about older 'hot hatches' but when the programme faked

Hammond rolling the Nova, that was enough for me!

Last 3 series have really gone down hill in my opinion. Much preferred the format when top gear returned to the screen back in 2003 or thereabouts mainly focusing on new cars with the occasional road trip etc. It seems nowadays its just scripted stupidity with the guys doing the same things they have done before. Sad for me as I never used to miss a show and was a huge fan. They need to get back to focusing on the cars not the silly jaunts.

• Like 1

I enjoy the pratting about.

It's a change from the usual po-faced rubbish the BBC turns out using our license fees.

• Like 1

iPlayer here I come, TG will be set to record!

Between TG, NCIS and Big Bang theory, there is little worth watching on the TV these days.

how to start the sr without keys,was an absolute classic.

gota agree it wasnt the funniest ever,but glad its back on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club