Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Antenna

pisco

I am trying to replace my stock antenna, as it is looking a bit the worse for wear.

BUT When I unscrewed it, I was left with a @7mm screw poking from the base. Is this normal or does it unscrew from the base.

I ask as most of the replacements I have seen have a 5-6mm screw fitting with the screw being from the antenna not the base.

Iv had the same issue all the after market ones I have tried to fit that say will fit fords just don't have the correct fitment to fit onto the original base.

the screw is meant to come out of the base but they rust in and its near impossible to get out i had to buy a new base from ford and replace the ariel using copper grease on the threads to ensure it doesnt rust in place again

Cheers.

Will have a go with a pair of molegrips and if that fails will look at a new base.

Is the base thread m6?

no idea all i know is aftermarket ariels will not fit on the exposed thread its actually narrower inside the base molegrips may work when i tried it just burst the base i tried sawing a line into the end to get a screwdriver in that failed as it wouldnt budge easiest way is replace the base its a 10 minute job pop out interior light and theres a torq screw holding it down undo that and the base lifts off with a rubber seal smear a dab of grease on the new base and refit theyre available here cheap enough http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-Ford-Focus-Aerial-Base-1087087-/121069839810?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item1c305325c2

Hmm that one shows it with screw sticking out, which just might mean that Ford are being difficult.

HERE is one that includes an antenna for a few quid less than your link,

it shows trhe screw sticking out but it doesnt come that way some come with a replacement screw almost as if ford knew there would be this issue strangely enough but i replaced mine and fitted a beesting amplified ariel http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-ACP-Black-Extendable-Bee-Sting-Aerial-Antenna-Radio-Replacement-/190907039502?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c72f23f0e

Yeah I bought a bee sting ae. then when I went to fit it I found the screw sticking out and the wrong tread size for the new one :angry:

The new one came with a set of 3 different screws. If I can remove it, from what has been said on here it looks like it might be rusted in. The new one has 5/5.5/6m threads so unless the Ford one is a 7-smaller adaptor then an new ae set is needed.

With the new base fitted i had no issues the ariel has an adaptor screw that fits the ariel and tapers to a larger thread for the aftermarket ariel

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club