Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 - USB & Bluetooth.

Martyn

Just thought id let others in on a secret,

You can use any FAT32 formatted drive in this USB socket, including EXTERNAL HDD!, i currently have velcroed under my passenger seat a 250GB SATA HDD :) with all my music on lol

Even the cheap USB keys from tesco for £7 formatted in FAT32 can store music,

I can also confirm the bluetooth IC's inside the radio are made by Parrot Technogoly. Thus meaning its the same as using a parrot in your car.

Just thought id let others in on a secret,

You can use any FAT32 formatted drive in this USB socket, including EXTERNAL HDD!, i currently have velcroed under my passenger seat a 250GB SATA HDD :) with all my music on lol

Even the cheap USB keys from tesco for £7 formatted in FAT32 can store music,

I can also confirm the bluetooth IC's inside the radio are made by Parrot Technogoly. Thus meaning its the same as using a parrot in your car.

hmmm i was wondering if it could run a USB HDD... Thanks for confirming that! I've been meaning to rip all of my CD's so i can just put my entire collection onto a HDD, such a MASSIVE job though! Not just actually ripping the disk but then sorting out the tags so its all properly listed... Got a few more weeks to go till my one arrives though, maybe now is the time to get ripping?!?!

Last time I considered this I thought that i should save everything under the best possible format, then I really got messed! MP3, WMA, WAVs, etc etc... Then theres all of the different bit rates! and variable bit rates! plus you have to think about what will be used in 5-10 years time so you dont have to rip it all again! Also theres all of the "lossy" and "lossless" formats !Removed! HELL!

Has anybody here put their entire CD collection onto computer disc and if so how did you go about it?

Windows Media Player, Constant BR of 192KBS, MP3 easily done in the settings under record or copy.

downloaded track info and sounds great in my car, personal preference etc...

Windows media player the way to go, but personally I would use MP3.

Lossy formats are fine for recent/modren ripping. The difference in quality between a high quality lossy format and lossless format is negligable! For playing tracks via a hifi/headphones or even a car its fine, you CANT tell the difference.

Windows media formats have changed/tweaks over periods of time as newer versions come out, all backwards compatible but MP3 is more universal!

192kbps+ is the way to go.

:)

Its all greek to me! :lol: :lol:

I havent got bluetooth or the USB option on my car. I was just going to chuck my ipod in and use that. But now i'm thinking of chucking all my faves tunes onto a few CD. Will that play ok in the car?

Its all greek to me! :lol: :lol:

I havent got Bluetooth or the USB option on my car. I was just going to chuck my ipod in and use that. But now i'm thinking of chucking all my faves tunes onto a few CD. Will that play ok in the car?

If there in MP3 format yes, ive had no problems what so ever with MP3's on CD's, just prefer the USB feature.

ive got a 60gb sata drive and was going to caddy it up and use that but im struggling... how do u power the drive? most caddys need seperate power or 2 usb ports :(

its a metal enclosure which turns a sata hard drive into a usb one... like u buy in the shops but u make ur own.

you can turn any hdd into a mobile one by fitting a caddy very cheap and easy to do

ive got a 60gb sata drive and was going to caddy it up and use that but im struggling... how do u power the drive? most caddys need seperate power or 2 usb ports :(

Most drives are self powered using USB, the power in the car is very powerful as it powers my 250GB SATA easily all through one USB port, no addtional power is needed. although you can buy a USB car charger, so just plug the other usb connector into the car charger. mine has been running just on one usb port for the last 2 months.

its a metal enclosure which turns a sata hard drive into a usb one... like u buy in the shops but u make ur own.

you can turn any hdd into a mobile one by fitting a caddy very cheap and easy to do

I see! Does the drive need to be formatted in NTSC or FAT32? Western Digital are a good make of hdd's...

have to be fat32 so the stereo can read it i would say

I see! Does the drive need to be formatted in NTSC or FAT32? Western Digital are a good make of hdd's...

please read the original post, reguarding partition type,

any hdd will work, i personally use Seagate, most trusted IMO, Western Digital are ok.

have to be fat32 so the stereo can read it i would say

Yeah, certainly looks that way.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club