Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Edge 2004 Body Work Costs?

trevo

Hello good people I'm a new member with a questio.

I own a very low mileage Focus Edge 2004 (midnight silver and less than 20,000 miles) and someone has run into the back bumper. Car was parked and I need to get the back bumper replaced and the back box of the exhaust as the impact has bent the pipe (and broken the bracket) making it unable to drive. The person has left a note and is willing to pay to get it repaired. Firstly I wanted to know which focus parts would be suitable replacements. Do normal focus (Marks 1 or 2) parts fit the edge model? I'd also like some guidance as how much to ask for to get it done. One garage has suggested £7-800 but this seems very high.

Any help would be gratefully received..

I don't think that's a bad estimate if you want a perfect job. New back bumper and blending to tail gate and both rear wings racks up a fair few quid. I have just paid £300 to have one half of my back bumper done. No filling or parts, just blending to tail gate and passenger side rear wing.

Depends partly on colour. Some are very hard to blend (like mine!)

Obviously, it can be done a lot cheaper if your happy with sh parts and not to fussy about your paint work.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for you reply Kris. Any other kind souls with a view? Given the scenario if the person was to go through their insurance do you think they would consider this a write off? That I could really do without but it'd be good to know people's views on this.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club