Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear light tinting

JohnP

In reguards to the UK law, the front screen can NOT be tinted at all. The two front windows can be done, but only by about 15% max, but then you also need to remember windows are already tinted by the factory. Two rear and boot windows can be done as much as you like.

As for tinting, get a roll of film as it will look better and last longer. Or get the glass tinted by somebody who knows what they are doing, but this is the most expensive option.

In reguards to the UK law, the front screen can NOT be tinted at all. The two front windows can be done, but only by about 15% max, but then you also need to remember windows are already tinted by the factory. Two rear and boot windows can be done as much as you like.

As for tinting, get a roll of film as it will look better and last longer. Or get the glass tinted by somebody who knows what they are doing, but this is the most expensive option.

i think you've misunderstood, its a tinting spray for the rear lights, not windows. however i was thinking of tinting my windows at somepoint so thats useful to know. cheers.

With the rear lights, they need to be clear to all road users and must not block any light from the bulb. and sorry :P didn't read your whole question :)

i think you've misunderstood, its a tinting spray for the rear lights, not windows. however i was thinking of tinting my windows at somepoint so thats useful to know. cheers.

Never come across that spray can stuff before. Personally I doubt it would be very good, have you looked around for units with smoked lenses? or maybe consider those lexus lights.

OT - How many miles has your car done JohnP?

hmmm, i don't think it affects the lights too badly, my gf's brother has done it and the still seem perfectly normal. however i don't really want a reason to get pulled over or fail an MOT. and no worries!

Never come across that spray can stuff before. Personally I doubt it would be very good, have you looked around for units with smoked lenses? or maybe consider those lexus lights.

OT - How many miles has your car done JohnP?

the quality looks really good, i'll try and get a pic up of someone's car thats had it done that way. i was investigating this cos i don't really want to spend loads of cash.

and my cars heading towards 91,000 miles. still runs really well

the quality looks really good, i'll try and get a pic up of someone's car thats had it done that way. i was investigating this cos i don't really want to spend loads of cash.

and my cars heading towards 91,000 miles. still runs really well

Just remembered something. The rear reflectors on my mk4 are a part of the main light, so tinting them would be illegal unless you bought separate reflectors and stuck them on your bumper. Sounds sensible that you dont want to spend loads of cash on your car as its done 91k

hmm i'll dig a bit deeper into this when i'm awake tomorrow. and yea trying to make it look a little better on a tight budget, although it is really nice already. new tyres tomorrow, then the cambelt will need replacing according to the service guide. oh and i think i might refresh my suspension a bit, or just stop taking passengers!

The spray tinting is illegal and says so on the tin (For off road use only), however most coppers won't pull you as long as the reflector is still clearly visable. I aggree with the earlier comment that you should go for smoked lenses as they look better in most cases.

smoked lenses are expensive though! the spray looks really good if its done properly, i'll try and take a picture of a corsa thats had it done, it looks really tidy, almost factory.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club