Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Burning/leak/spray

IB3Andrew

Hi all!

Ever since I bought my car its been loosing oil! Not a lot but slowly over time its needs topped up, maybe once or twice a month depending on miles!

When the car was last heavily serviced by a mate at his garage he recommended I get my camshaft seals replaced as one was showing signs of play & letting oil leak out.

Not knowing much about the actual engine of the car, I thought this would cure all the oil deposits that were running down my camshaft breather hose into my K&N Air Filter.

I cleaned out the filter over night to brand new, & had had the camshaft seals replaced.

Al-lass there was sill oil travelling down the house & sitting in the bottom of my filter. Its also a habit of spraying some oil around the head of the engine which makes a bad smell when the car gets hot!

I've since bought & replaced the cars PCV Valve, and got a camshaft breather filter that attaches to the breather pipe to see if this cures anything. But oils just draining out the filter onto the inlet manifold below. ( Can post pictures if will help)

Like i've discussed with my mates at the garage we dont seem to think this is a massive problem as long as i regularly check the oil & keep on top of it!

However I would really like to fix it before it becomes possible a lot worse! I also like to keep my engine bay looking neat & tidy, having oil sprayed about dosent help! haha

Any help/recommendations or ideas as to what we should look into would be greatly appreciated as i'd just like the car to run smotth with no problems & nothing to worry about!

Now & again the engine takes two attempts to start & has episodes of long-crank before it will start, which I would put down to when there is low oil in the car!

Also the oil light never seems to come on until there is literally nothing left on the dipstick? is this normal?

Cheers all!

I wonder if there is a blocked breather lower down. I have had crankshaft breathers blocked on other cars and the pressure has forced oil out of the top breather which goes to the inlet system.

Ohhh I see! was this on a ford mate? Not a bad idea for somthing to look at! Just wonder how to check every breather hose! Bound to be a lot of them? :angry:

on the fords the main breather from the crankshaft leads to the airbox if thats blowing oil then it could be the pcv valve is stuck shut youll find it at the front of the engine bay just under the manifold theres a hose running down to it and it looks like this when pulled out post-8800-0-85724900-1406829481_thumb.jp

Hi all!

Ever since I bought my car its been loosing oil! Not a lot but slowly over time its needs topped up, maybe once or twice a month depending on miles!

When the car was last heavily serviced by a mate at his garage he recommended I get my camshaft seals replaced as one was showing signs of play & letting oil leak out.

Not knowing much about the actual engine of the car, I thought this would cure all the oil deposits that were running down my camshaft breather hose into my K&N Air Filter.

I cleaned out the filter over night to brand new, & had had the camshaft seals replaced.

Al-lass there was sill oil travelling down the house & sitting in the bottom of my filter. Its also a habit of spraying some oil around the head of the engine which makes a bad smell when the car gets hot!

I've since bought & replaced the cars PCV Valve, and got a camshaft breather filter that attaches to the breather pipe to see if this cures anything. But oils just draining out the filter onto the inlet manifold below. ( Can post pictures if will help)

Like i've discussed with my mates at the garage we dont seem to think this is a massive problem as long as i regularly check the oil & keep on top of it!

However I would really like to fix it before it becomes possible a lot worse! I also like to keep my engine bay looking neat & tidy, having oil sprayed about dosent help! haha

Any help/recommendations or ideas as to what we should look into would be greatly appreciated as i'd just like the car to run smotth with no problems & nothing to worry about!

Now & again the engine takes two attempts to start & has episodes of long-crank before it will start, which I would put down to when there is low oil in the car!

Also the oil light never seems to come on until there is literally nothing left on the dipstick? is this normal?

Cheers all!

already changed the PCV Valve bud!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club