Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Tdci Mpg

djb2

Good morning folks.

I have a 2004 Mondeo TDCI.

I have had it 3 weeks and I am getting about 53 mpg.

I have calculated this using the brim to brim method and it also accords with the onboard computor.

To me this is very good compared to the 26 mpg I was managing to eak out of my 1.8 rover 75 on a run with the wind behind me.

Is this about what most people get out of their cars. She has a high mileage (135,000) but drives like a car with half the mileage

I have a Mk IV, but that sounds pretty reasonable to me; obviously it depends a bit on what your mix of driving is, and you'd expect better mpg results if you were mainly drifting along Motorways and Dual Carriageways than entrenched in urban traffic.

My 2.2 estate is a 54 plate on 150,000 and does the same.

With the winter diesel comes and the heaters go on expect this to fall to 50 in Autumn.

I have a 2006 2.2 TDCI hatchback with 66k miles and I have hit just under 60mpg solo if I control my right foot.

I can hit 35mpg+ towing our 1400kg caravan so I'm really impressed with it :)

I have the MK4, 1.8 and I tend to average around the 63MPG but thats granny driving!

• 2 weeks later...

How are you guys calculating your mpg? Djb2 used the brim to brim which is probably the most accurate way of doing it but curious about other figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Brim to brim(3 clicks). Last check was a mix of town and motorway driving. Average 48.7mpg on a 2.2

Brim to Brim 3 clicks on mine.

Yeah I am keeping an eye on it but it's true granny driving and has to be the best of the weather etc.

I'm hopeful that after the service mine has just received (that accompanied the new clutch and DMF) along with a couple of simple mods will increase the 54mpg I'm currently getting

• Like 1

I try very hard to not go above 2k rpm. The car has enough grunt to keep up with the flow

That's about my average otherwise lol like you I avoid going higher where possible, hopefully terraclean would be worth investing in?

I'm just revelling in getting g over 40mpg. I'm more used to 25mpg on a good run and 14mpg towing the caravan. I'm loving this

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since I blanked off my EGR valve I seem to be getting about 3-5 miles per gallon more. I driving a mixture of mostly town, with dual carriage ways, and I am getting nearly 50 miles per gallon out of my 130 hp model. I noticed when I drove back to see my children (200 miles) I was getting 55 miles per gallon, travelling at around 80 mph.

Quite happy with that I reckon.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club