Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Omex Rev Limiter + Launch Control

M4RC

I've been looking at these... Basicaly I'm just wondering how these work, are they worth it? What will it achieve?

I'd be fitting this to a fiesta mk6 ST

Rev limiter works by causing a misfire to limit the engine RPM, launch control sets a pre-set rev limit until the car reaches a certain speed.

Achieves little on the High Street apart from the attention of the Police, but its your money.

Why not look at the Omex webiste. That tells you exactly what it does.

Rev Limiter

Protect your engine

At a user definable engine speed, a selectable soft or hard ignition cut rev limit
reduces engine power safely to limit the engine speed, protecting your engine from
damage caused by over-revving

A side effect of this is the unburnt fuel causes a misfire when the ignition lights it up. Sounds good to some, but can, and most likely will destroy the exhaust over time. Also ruins a cat as unburnt fuel contaminates the matrix.

Launch control

Consistent faster starts

A launch control limit is user definable and operated with the supplied launch button
to give consistent starts, reducing the chance of wheelspin or engine 'bog down'.
With turbocharged engines this allows you to build boost at low engine speeds for
the launch.

Seems decent but pretty pointless for me I guess

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club