Do Not Sell My Personal Information

People's Preferences For Headlight Bulbs Fiesta St180

tomo89

Side indicators done :). I took the lazy option and got Ford to do it. They charged £20 but I'd rather pay that and not worry about it cos I'm useless with these sort of things.

post-39031-0-78545400-1410797481_thumb.j

Happy with that, the bulb is almost invisible as it should be. Had the "early" oil change done too, but at 4700 miles so maybe not as early as it should be.

Now I keep noticing how rubbish the lights are on 99% of other cars, all the horrible yellows and oranges :P

Edit: and I forgot to post a pic of the rear indicator so here it is:

post-39031-0-79747700-1410798013_thumb.j

Just the fogs left now but those can wait.

• Like 1

I'm the same I was in traffic earlier and couldn't help but notice everyone's orange lol. I'm wind deflectors have just been put on quite like them but can't put windows down till tomorrow haha

When is the 1st oil change ment to be ?

I've also just got fogs to do as my interior light came today too :)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

When is the 1st oil change ment to be ?

If you follow the manual it's just 1 year or 12500 miles, but a lot of people on here recommended to get an early oil change at around 1000 miles. I asked at a couple of different dealers and they said not to bother, so it's for peace of mind more than anything.

Oh might get one done then what did it cost if you don't mind me asking ? Surly could do myself guessing your still on same oil filter ?

They always change the filter when they change the oil, I guess that's just how it's meant to be done, no point having clean oil and a dirty filter. They charged £70 for that including labour and VAT.

Oh that's okay then I'll maybe book her in :)

If you're going to get an oil and filter change go to an independent garage they will be far cheaper especially if you buy your own oil

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

post-55675-141089367371_thumb.jpg

Got all the interiors in today :) got to say I'm quite impressed and very easy to do

Looks cool, I like the way the red light matches the scuff plates. I think I'll leave my interior for now though, I quite like the warm yellow light inside the car, same reason I like that kind of light in my flat.

• Like 1

I'm looking at replacing the number plate lights now, any recommendations? I just want them to give a nice white light, so does that mean I want LEDs?

Yes 501 fitment LEDs.

I have these in all my lights inside and out, you can get them cheaper makes on eBay. but I'm happy with the quality and light output which, sometimes isn't the best with cheap ones.

I just noticed this in the description:

For off road or show use only
These lights must not be visible to other road users
Not legal for use on public highways
Does anyone know if this is the case for all LED Bulbs?

They'll be fine as long as not to bright, other drivers don't see the bulb only the light from it so they don't get any glare etc.

Audi, bmw etc all use LEDs for number plates. They will get more common as well due as they help keep emissions down a little.

Cool, I might go for them then, can always keep the old ones just in case police don't like them :)

I take it the the ones inside and in the boot are the same too? And what about the two reading/map lights?

Yes all of them are 501 except the front courtesy light which is a38mm festoon.

So for the interior light behind the rear view mirror is it 2x 501 and a 38mm festoon?

So for the interior light behind the rear view mirror is it 2x 501 and a 38mm festoon?

Yes.

Have a look on eBay for some bargains on there and a certain company give you 12 month warranty on them.

I've bought loads pulvison I think they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Have a look on eBay for some bargains on there and a certain company give you 12 month warranty on them.

I've bought loads pulvison I think they are.

Yeah they were the ones I was looking at cos they had sold the most. What are they like in terms of lighting angles on the inside of the car, do the give a good even light or is it more like all in one direction like most LEDs tend to do?

If I could recommend a pair it would be Osram LEdriving premium 6000K, although they are quiet pricey.

These look good but yes they are pricey if you buy enough for the whole car. Again what are these like in terms of lighting angles? I guess they should be better because they have this "optical diffuser material".

I might just order a couple of LEDs for the number plate and wait to see what other cars look like with different bulbs inside. I'm tempted to go for the red light in the footwells though, does look very cool to be fair :)

I just got a cheap 38mm white led fez and left the map readers and the red led footwells. I think looks well but what bulbs in the back light as the standard one stands out a lot not is it same as front fez?

Just ordered some Philips WhiteVision H7 4300K bulbs for dipped beam and some Osram H1 Night Breaker Unlimited for full beam :D

looking forward to see what the difference is going to be like compared to the crappy standard bulbs that come with the car

i will put up some pics when they come :)

the Philips WhiteVision H7 4300k are basically the new version of the Philips CrystalVision which i was going to get but thanks to Clarky he informed me of the new ones, they have 60% better road visibility than the CrystalVision and have the same HID look and are road legal

Just ordered some Philips WhiteVision H7 4300K bulbs for dipped beam and some Osram H1 Night Breaker Unlimited for full beam :D

looking forward to see what the difference is going to be like compared to the crappy standard bulbs that come with the car

i will put up some pics when they come :)

the Philips WhiteVision H7 4300k are basically the new version of the Philips CrystalVision which i was going to get but thanks to Clarky he informed me of the new ones, they have 60% better road visibility than the CrystalVision and have the same HID look and are road legal

Cool I didn't know about these, I was thinking about replacing my Osrams with CrystalVisions but these new ones look like the best, especially when they are road legal. Looking forward to some pics, and let us know how well they match the DRLs, I think mine are just slightly more yellow at 4200k.

Edit: this is confusing, there's an advert for the WhiteVisions that say 4100k, 20% whiter whereas on eBay and amazon it says 4300k and 40% whiter:

Which is it? Are they being falsely advertised?

Although on the Philips website it says 4300k: http://www.philips.co.uk/legacy/content/gb/automotive-car-lights/www/en/carlights/headlights.html?int_origin=2_LI_all_slot1_gb_en_carlights_sparekits_headlightscategory.html

Maybe they screwed up their numbers on the advert :iim:

Didnt want to start another thread as related. Do many of you use auto lights ? Annoys me they come c on when it feels they aren't needed or even side lights would do at a push so tend not to use them. I do like the idea though, if only they weren't just as sensitive.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club