Do Not Sell My Personal Information

People's Preferences For Headlight Bulbs Fiesta St180

tomo89

Cool I didn't know about these, I was thinking about replacing my Osrams with CrystalVisions but these new ones look like the best, especially when they are road legal. Looking forward to some pics, and let us know how well they match the DRLs, I think mine are just slightly more yellow at 4200k.

I think these have only been out for couple of days i bought them from http://www.powerbulbs.com there doing 20% off on them at the moment for the first few weeks of them being released think the discount code is NEWBIES20 :)

I think these have only been out for couple of days

That might explain why the Youtube advert says 4100k, that was in February so maybe they upgraded the bulbs since then.

Didnt want to start another thread as related. Do many of you use auto lights ? Annoys me they come c on when it feels they aren't needed or even side lights would do at a push so tend not to use them. I do like the idea though, if only they weren't just as sensitive.

The only time I've turned them off was to see what the LEDs looked like at night, I leave them on auto and let them do their thing.

The only time I've turned them off was to see what the LEDs looked like at night, I leave them on auto and let them do their thing.

Same here, mine only come on when they are supposed to. If you think they are coming on when they shouldn't, think about just how much light is there and is the sun low in the sky? Most people don't turn their lights on when they should, and I think these auto lights have it just right.

I've got my LED number plate lights :). Are they easy to fit, and does the plastic cover come off by unscrewing or just prying if off with a screwdriver?

It prises off with a small screwdriver, lift the tailgate so the lenses are facing you and you will see the notch in the lenses, where ythe screwdriver will go.

It prises off with a small screwdriver, lift the tailgate so the lenses are facing you and you will see the notch in the lenses, where ythe screwdriver will go.

Thanks, I bet I would have foolishly tried to do it without opening the boot, that will make it so much easier lol.

I just had a go but not sure if I'm doing it wrong. Is it just the little clear bit of plastic that comes off or the black plastic thing holding the bulb too? I tried to pry it out with a screwdriver in the notch to the right of the bulb holder, but it felt like it was going to break and now it's loose. Hope I haven't broken it.

When you out the screwdriver blade in the notch it pushes a clip back so that you can prise the whole unit out glass and bulb holder and wires all come out. Remove the bulb holder change bbs and replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Right sounds like I didn't break it then, I was just trying to prize it out with the screwdriver in one movement and left a little dent in the surrounding plastic lol. So do you just push the screwdriver straight into the notch to release it?

Edit: just to make it clear I'm talking about the number plate lights here.

I wish I wasn't so useless at these things lol, had to go and do the shopping so I stuck some black tape over one side of the loose light. Are they supposed to just click back into place? I think I've broken it cos it just slides from side to side, and I couldn't even get it out for fear of damaging it further :(

Is the idea that you push the metal tab to the side with a screwdriver and pull the light fitting out while pushing the tab in?

So I've finally sorted it :D

Turns out I either bent the metal clip on my first attempt or it was already bent, really stupid design by Ford imho. If the metal clip goes in just a bit too far it just comes away from that tab in the tailgate and starts sliding around. Here's a pic and you can see the clip on the lower one is a bit knackered:

post-39031-0-70690300-1411156807_thumb.j

I've half-fixed it by just carefully pushing it in until it clicks, but if it gets pushed up even slightly it will come loose. It can't fall out though so it's ok until I can find a replacement for that part. Does anyone know what it's called, something like "Number Plate Bulb Holder"?

The LEDs are nice though, really white and they light up the number plate perfectly which I wasn't sure they would. They also give a fair bit of light on the ground, a lot like the puddle lamps in the wing mirrors so that's a bonus :).

Edit: emailed Ford Parts UK and they they have the part: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta__number_plate_lamp_2012_f_5105886_c_1171.htm

£16 including shipping <_<

I couldn't find that exact part on eBay, already ordered it anyway. I even emailed my local breakers yard, and they said "sorry we don't have this part" lol so what they're saying is they don't have a single MK7 Fiesta in their yard <_<

Has anyone got the new Philips WhiteVisions? I'm thinking of getting them for dipped beam but would like some opinions, they are £40 on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHILIPS-WHITEVISION-H7-FOR-AUDI-Q7-2006-ONWARDS-HIGH-BEAM-/231338518844?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35dcd9a93c

The Osram bulbs I have are pretty good but only 4200K so maybe a bit yellow compared to the DRLs. I'm hoping the WhiteVisions will be better at 4300K and they are road legal.

Like adam, ive taken the plunge and ordered white visions, should be here tomorrow. From reading on them, it seems they are the same colour as crystal visions which I think are spot on, but 60 percent brighter, due to new tech, which means a brighter and whiter bulb than standard, without hid that is road legal, happy days!! 👍

Like adam, ive taken the plunge and ordered white visions, should be here tomorrow. From reading on them, it seems they are the same colour as crystal visions which I think are spot on, but 60 percent brighter, due to new tech, which means a brighter and whiter bulb than standard, without hid that is road legal, happy days!!

Nice one, please post some pics and let us know how they are. If you're happy with them I'll get some ordered :). Where did you get them from and how much?

The other question is what to do about the fogs, as WhiteVisions don't come in H11 form :(

Yeah pics will come asap. powerbulbs with 20 percent off atm. I've got nightbreaker Unlimiteds for h11, yes they aren't white but they are bright and fog lights are for safety in poor conditions , so you want bright as possibly.

Yeah I already got the NightBreakers for full beam so might get them for fogs too. When you changed your fogs did you have to take the bumper off or can you get at them when the headlight units are out?

Easiest way, put the wheel to full lock then behind the fog light remove 2 screws and pull back the trim and it's so easy you have great access. I found removing the headlights was too hard as my hands didn't fit in the gap.

Easiest way, put the wheel to full lock then behind the fog light remove 2 screws and pull back the trim and it's so easy you have great access. I found removing the headlights was too hard as my hands didn't fit in the gap.

Cool that will make things easier. I struggled with the headlights too, removed both units but had to unscrew the top of the bumper and pull it forward a bit to get them out, I was probably doing it wrong.

Those White Visions look great, but are they really worth the money? If I order it on eBay, not incl. import tax and shipping too SA, they basically work out too 10 pounds less than the HID kits, I can't justify that. :wacko:

They're worth it in the UK because they're road legal whereas HID kits aren't, I don't know if that's the same for you.

Got mine through the end of last week been testing them out over the weekend my impressions are that they are so so much better than the standard ford ones the visibility at night now is so much clearer and they have such good distance and have a really nice crisp white light to them same goes for the Nightbreakers Unlimited for full beam I will upload some pictures later when it gets abit darker but yeah very impressed so far with both sets of bulbs

post-50725-141140278329_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Cool, I'll wait to hear what Clarky thinks of them and get the WhiteVisions ordered if all's good. The main thing I want to know is do they match the colour temp of the DRLs?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club