Do Not Sell My Personal Information

125Ps Ecoboost W/mountune Or 140Ps Le?!

dmizz93

Alright people,

Just got back from the local Ford dealer as my Parents have decided to go ahead and purchase a Spirit Blue ST-3 (much to my dismay) Its the car I've had my eye on for a while but always been out of my price range due to Uni/Working Part Time etc...

Anyway... I'd seen on the Forums a couple of weeks ago the thread regarding the new 140ps so thought i'd ask about it as I have my reservations about having that much power from the 1L engine.. Then got sat down with a cup of coffee and coerced into giving my detail, car reg (for P/ex) etc..

Long and short of it is, I've been offered the 140 ps for a the list price of £16995, less the part ex of my 07 ZS TDCI (Valued at £2300) less Ford Privilege (...again, Thanks Nan ;) ) Bought balance to £11,195 LESS the £750 DA and £750 of my own amount financed is £9,695.00

Spread that over 36mo brings the cost out at £137.99 p/m which seems fairly reasonable..

Wanted to know if you guys think the same, of if there are any of you that have had quotes, been able to get special deals?

I do like the look of the things but have heard in some places you're better off getting the 125ps then whacking the Mountune upgrades on it to save a few bob?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I'd go for the red/black edition, is the normal Zetec S that much cheaper when you add the extras the R/B edition have. The extra power shouldn't be a problem it's warranties after all.

You should be able to get a dealer to lower the price before your priv discount etc ( drivethedeale for example they quote £13500-£14500)

Surely the ST isn't that much more? !Removed! paying 17k for any 1ltr car

Surely the ST isn't that much more? !Removed! paying 17k for any 1ltr car

Yes your right, list price is just over £2k more but you should be able to get them down to near or below £17 for a ST3,

If I wanted the ST i'd spec it up.. ST2 w/ extras or an ST-3 fully loaded..

Got to factor in insurance with that too but I know where you guys are coming from..

I think it worked out £40-50 more a month with a first quote from the dealer directly

Have done a few online with CarWow where the standard ST comes out cheaper so its something to consider.. That said I'd probably forget to take my foot off the floor in an ST and require several new pairs of underwear each week :D

You do realise it'll leave you with 4727 to pay after the 3 years? Unless you hand it back

You do realise it'll leave you with 4727 to pay after the 3 years? Unless you hand it back

Yeah I am aware, think it comes in at slightly more than that after Interest is taken in to account etc...

That's why I didn't do it on the spot coming away from it you can do all the Maths.. Currently paying £100 p/m loan on my ZS that I can settle any time but want to look at all options!

HA... okay, so done some searching just for arguments sake on the ST-2/3 completely standard (so no extra's)

Drive the Deal quote;
ST-2: £14975.59
ST-3: £15815.60

Now, I'm not entirely sure as to whether the dealer will be able to better these, esp if I have privilege disc to go on top of that as well as p/e and deposit cont, but considering the list price the the 140 ps is £16995 I know what I'd rather go for!

HA... okay, so done some searching just for arguments sake on the ST-2/3 completely standard (so no extra's)

Drive the Deal quote;

ST-2: £14975.59

ST-3: £15815.60

Now, I'm not entirely sure as to whether the dealer will be able to better these, esp if I have privilege disc to go on top of that as well as p/e and deposit cont, but considering the list price the the 140 ps is £16995 I know what I'd rather go for!

You should be able to get a similar % discount off the list price of the 140ps too.

You should be able to get a similar % discount off the list price of the 140ps too.

Any Ideas how they can give £3500 or so off the price?!

Use carwow or Drivethedeal to get the lowest quote, then ask your dealer to match it, get the lowest price then mention you priv discount.

The dealers that DTD use give big discounts because they are getting volume sales bonuses. When I got a quote for the 140 with all options I think it was £14900.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I got a DTD price of just over £13k for a red edition with climate, dab and auto lights / wipers added. That's quite tempting..

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Pretty sure I got a DTD price of just over £13k for a red edition with climate, dab and auto lights / wipers added. That's quite tempting..

Pretty damn good, but based on DTD prices against the Dealer prices you can have the standard spec'd ST (DTD) for less than the base price for 140ps.. Madness!!

Ringing the dealer first thing tomorrow to see what they can do for me

Went in to the local Ford dealer today armed with quotes from DTD for 140ps st2+3 at prices mentioned above and came out with the dealer having offered me the ST2 in white, style pack, molten orange seats and a couple of other extras for either 106p/m for 24 months or around 130p/m for 36 months with less of a balloon payment... Sounds too good to be true!

That is putting around 3k down and the 750 they give you in deposit allowance.. Virtually the same price as DTD just without the nav system in..

Thoughts!?

All that matters is if you are happy with the deal you are getting.

The price above is the only discount they have given you the privilege discount of £1700? On other forums people have negotiated the price down as much as possible then mentioned the privilege discount, someone has just got a white ST3 for £14300 with priv discount.

Your figures look similar to these obviously with different deposits/instalments.

http://www.hendyfordprivilege.co.uk/vehicles/fiesta-st/

What's your plan once the 3 years is up? Would you just get a new one?

What's your plan once the 3 years is up? Would you just get a new one?

Would most probably keep it, but as HP payments are higher wouldn't really be in a position to do that...

I think the difference in final balloon payment is around £1500 or so

SHE'S BEEN ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should pick her up last week September/ First week of October!!

Don't know what I'm how I'm gonna cope waiting that long :(

It'll drag for a few days then it'll be with you before you know it.

To take your mind off the wait, start ordering loads of different mods available, nothing like a stock pile of parts to fit in the first few days. Lol

It'll drag for a few days then it'll be with you before you know it.

To take your mind off the wait, start ordering loads of different mods available, nothing like a stock pile of parts to fit in the first few days. Lol

I was gonna start a new thread asking about removable mods I can make just as I don't know if she's a keeper or not yet..

You done anything to yours? I want to get all the plastic trims off and spray gloss black, maybe order some more ST badges in black!

Picking my gloss black plastics up tomorrow, removable mods wise I've done; DMB badges, inlays and wheel centres, wind deflectors, clear centre brake light, small aerial, colour coded mist washer jets, chrome indicator bulbs, LEDs, bonnet strut, splitter on order.

God that's quite a bit and doesn't include Mountune parts, I think I have a problem. Lol

Picking my gloss black plastics up tomorrow, removable mods wise I've done; DMB badges, inlays and wheel centres, wind deflectors, clear centre brake light, small aerial, colour coded mist washer jets, chrome indicator bulbs, LEDs, bonnet strut, splitter on order.

God that's quite a bit and doesn't include Mountune parts, I think I have a problem. Lol

Ahah don't be silly! Was gonna ask actually.. Is there anywhere to get the gel badges from anymore? I've seen some on eBay but they look poor..

Nice list of mods though...!

So far on my list then I've got DMB's, deflectors, must jets, bulb upgrade (head unit upgrade if the Sony system is naff), detango and the plastics inside and out..

How much and where where the plastics from? I was tempted to do them myself but if I have to put them back on again I may just buy new..

Try gelbadges@gmail.com

They were at ford fair next to DMB, badges looked exactly the same quality.

Plastics, I bought a full set from ford (£100) and had them smoothed and painted by a local bodyshop, cost £220 for all the plastics and engine cover to be painted.

Most body shops should be able to do them, although some might not want the hassle of smoothing them. I had 1 say he would just spray them black which wouldn't look good, they need to be smooth.

Or contact stoneacre ford in York or sico-developments, both will supply only or exchange.

Sweet,

Thanks a lot! That where you got yours from?

I was also tempted by the headlight brows to make the front a little more mean but we'll see :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club