Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Passenger Lock 'sticking'

aliuk

Hi

I have a 57reg ford cmax 1.8 tdci titanium and yesterday I couldn't open the left rear passenger door. After I had use my fob to unlock my car. The lock wouldn't unlock itself manually from the inside but eventually I was able to get it unlocked. When it's locked and I lock the car using the fob all the doors lock as expected and the faulty doors lock on the inside does go in like the other. If I try unlock all the doors unlock but the left rear passenger door.

Any ideas what I could check/ do before sending it in?

Hi

I have a 57reg ford cmax 1.8 tdci titanium and yesterday I couldn't open the left rear passenger door. After I had use my fob to unlock my car. The lock wouldn't unlock itself manually from the inside but eventually I was able to get it unlocked. When it's locked and I lock the car using the fob all the doors lock as expected and the faulty doors lock on the inside does go in like the other. If I try unlock all the doors unlock but the left rear passenger door.

Any ideas what I could check/ do before sending it in?

Check 118, 120, 134 fuses

Hi Ramas,

The cars all locked up for tonight but I'll be sure to check those fuses out tomorrow and post back. Hopefully it is just a case of a blown fuse.

Hi Ramas,

The cars all locked up for tonight but I'll be sure to check those fuses out tomorrow and post back. Hopefully it is just a case of a blown fuse.

ifs it not fuses you need to get it scanned to see if they are any codes present

paul

I checked the fuses and they all look good. I took them out had a good look and placed them back. I tried the doors again and the same result. I put my finger on the lock(the little silver button above the door handle on the inside) and with in pressed in when I try to unlock I can feel slight vibrations in it as if its trying to unlock but something is blocking it.

Agreed a quick fuse check may clear the issue up! Otherwise it could be a sticking solanoid.

Jeebowhote, I did do a fuse check and they all seemed fine. How do I check/fix the solanoid if it is it?

You would need to try get the panel off and hose the lock mechanism behind in wd40 to try release it.

Hi Paul,

I haven't had a chance to remove the door panel to have a look inside. I've done this before in the past and managed to reck the panel. Do you guys have any hints and tips to remove it? Like any tools worth getting like I've seen mentions of a door panel removal tool. the only part i have difficulty with is removed the panel with those little plastic plugs that hold it in place.

hi Alistair

you can but door removal tools on eBay as well the plastic plugs not dear to buy either just take your time and start at bottom off door panel and work your way aroud the panel it will become clear as you progress

paul

Oh i didn't realise how cheap they were. I just googled it and saw sites that were quoting in $. I've placed my order and hopefully it arrives for the weekend. Does anyone know if there is a plastic sheeting between the door and the door panel? Previous cars i found there was and it was always a pain to put the plastic back

Hi Guys,

I had a a go at it this afternoon but didn't have much success. I managed to get the door trimming off but wasn't to sure how to get to the locking mechanism.
See below I removed all the black bolts holding the silver plate however I couldn't remove it completely and didn't want to take the risk of breaking anything. If you see where the cable from the door handle feeds into the aluminium silver plate there are three black bolts/holders in a triangular shape. its around this area that the silver plate seems to still be attached.

Any ideas?

post-56584-0-61021400-1411323905_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club