Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One Gripe With The St

philr62

Is that piggin armrest, all it seems to do is get in the way and attack my elbow when I'm changing gear.Any one else find this ? Or do I have orang u tang arms?

I don't even find it useful as an actual armrest , seems a waste of time to me.

I've got one in my zetec s and thought the same thing aha. It's to high and far back to be used as an arm rest, had to change how I change gear as I got tired of wacking my elbow on it

Its not just the Fiesta ST - a lot of Fords are the same - i cut mine off on my Mondeo- there is even more legroom in the back and i dont ever hit my elbow

It just needs to be lower and longer so you can actually rest your arm on it IMO

Same problem when I bought mine. Adjusting the seat height helped and as mentioned above, just change how you do gearchanges slightly.

Hmmmm I find mine fine! Maybe I'm the mis-shaped one. Get a poll going!

i like mine too, i think how far back you have your chair will make a difference. Im 6'2" so i have my chair fairly far back and as low as it goes, then drive with right hand on the wheel and left on the armrest. Never seems to get in the way changing gears either...

• Like 3

I find it ok just, I can just rest my elbow and no more on it. I don't find it gets in the way of gear changes though

It's not so bad changing gear, but putting the handbrake on isn't great, I have got used to it now but it could do with being lower.

Maybe ford should of made it adjustable like in my old golf to cater for all shapes and sizes.

Hopefully i will get used to it as it's only been a week ,hope so as my funnybone isn't too funny at the moment :(

Ive gotten used to mine now, the first day was a pain though aha.. As ayrshiredude said, I just tend to have my elbow on it and nothing else

No problems here, I've never hit it while changing gear or using the handbrake. I'm 6ft and have the seat all the way down and pretty far back. I'll have to have a look how close my elbow gets to it next time I change into 4th or 2nd, I bet I'm just lucky and it's like an inch away :)

I like it.. Use it as an arm rest, and good storage. I dont elbow it at all?? Got me think now, just another excuse to go sit in my ST3... :D :D :D

i was going to buy an armrest for my ecoboost but now seeing this think i will pass!

Mine is fine. Have you checked it's not just your arms ?? Lol only joking the storage in it is huge :)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

I've never knocked myself on it but it's very badly positioned and much too tall, the one in my Civic was much better.

Can all the people who have no trouble measure their arms please.

Then when we have an average i could go to the docs and see if i can get mine shortened a bit on the nhs.

Other people get things done so maybe they can sort my arms to fit my st,or just the left one at least B) :D

• Like 1

Haha! I have long arms, and I was thinking about it today while driving, I change from 3rd to 4th with just a flick of the wrist rather than a whole arm movement...

• Like 1

Only thing I don't like is unlike other ford models the USB is in the arm rest so it hides the iPod cable where as in the st they've put it in a stupid place I feel, and I have the issue of banging my elbow when changing gear aha

My usb port is in a well behind the gearstick. I use a very small flash drive which doesn't interfere with anything else I want to put into that spot.

My usb port is in a well behind the gearstick. I use a very small flash drive which doesn't interfere with anything else I want to put into that spot.

I've done the same and ordered one of these, http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FJRS6QY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No chance of that getting in the way

• Like 1

Same one I have fitted but mine is only 32GB, not sure if it will allow use of 64GB. The only other thing with the usb is that you can have 256 tracks in up to 256 folders each. Sync does recognise that and will allow a playlist of more than 256 tracks. Found that out a short while ago as I had 400 tracks in 2 folders due to the 256 track limitation.

It seems to work fine.

I have 4000 tracks over 534 folders. Not sure how I'd hit the 256 track limit as an album would never get that far.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club