Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Kit Worth It ?

ZS_John

I currently have a 14 plate ST - 2 but in the process of swapping it to a 64.

Just wondering if people think the HID kits you can get are worth it or are they more hassle than good.

I bought some Blue Vision Phillips and they are great not yellow etc and would be quite happy to stick with them unless people think otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

can you send me a link to the "Phillips blue vision" bulbs you purchased please.. I have googled them and the reviews aren't great? not sure if im looking at right ones

I have a £50 Hid set from HIDS Direct and quite happy to use them again if I get a new car.

Just remember that HIDs are not legal and can blind on comming drivers, attract the attention of the police and may not pass an MOT.

I personally went for a less powerful set of 35W 4300k OEM looking bulbs.

I had loads off hassle getting them to work the way I expected them to but am happy with the results.

As mentioned in the thread below, Philips recently released new bulbs called WhiteVision which unlike the CrystalVision are road legal and should be brighter too:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/61101-peoples-preferences-for-headlight-bulbs-fiesta-st180/page-9

The problem with HIDs (that I've seen) is they are so white and with a blueish tint that they make the DRLs look yellow. WhiteVision / CrystalVision are supposed to be a good match for the DRLs.

I'll have a look into it. bulbs are just easy to replace rather than faffing around with the HID kits

I'll have a look into it. Bulbs are just easy to replace rather than faffing around with the HID kits

Easy ish, depends how good you are with this sort of thing. At least one of the headlight units needs to come out, and I with my zero experience with car maintenance, struggled with it even though I had help lol.

I have HIDs from HIDs direct as well 35w terminator set at 6000k. I like them and whilst brighter than the drls I'm not that concerned. The projector lenses reduce the dazzle so you should be fine.

You can get cheaper ones off eBay but the quality is not as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Easy ish, depends how good you are with this sort of thing. At least one of the headlight units needs to come out, and I with my zero experience with car maintenance, struggled with it even though I had help lol.

Yeah the first time I took them out I thought I had broke something as the clip on the bottom makes that breaking noise haha :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club