Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hit And Run On My Rear Bumper

HelloJP

Someone very kindly rubbed their car along the rear driver's side bumper on my 1 year old Fiesta. I think I preferred it without all the black marks...

I am going to do some quote shopping tomorrow but anyone got any ideas roughly what I could expect to pay for this to be fixed? There's the paintwork and it also looks like the bumper isn't quite flush with the car any more, plus the little black mudflap behind the wheel is cracked.

I've got an insurance excess of about £250 and obviously my renewal will go up if I claim but I've got no idea how much it'll cost to repair.

Any advice would be great...

Thanks

JP

PS. Needless to say no-one owned up to the damage and there's no cameras in the car park - someone got very lucky when they hit me...

post-46025-0-48651500-1411917545_thumb.j

That's harsh, same thing happened to me but luckily it was nowhere near that bad, and on the front bumper. I was quoted about £120 to respray the bumper, but luckily I managed to get it looking nearly perfect with some T-cut and touch up paint.

Previous owner of my car seemed to like rubbing against things when reversing (Even with reverse sensors!), it didnt bother me when i bought that case because i figured id just touched it up and the marks were very similar to yours but on both sides but nowhere near as bad.

There's a few deeps scratches and scuffs and someone recently decided to scrape the rear of mine as well.

Took my car to a bodyshop near my work and was quoted £250 (£150 of which is labour costs) but this was to have the entire bumper resprayed. So if you're just looking to have the patch that is damaged repaired, id expect much less than what I was quoted

Although it looks bad ,if you can do all the preparation work; sanding and filling before taking it to be painted then the bill is not going to be so painful.

Ouch. Not the sort of bump the driver could claim they didn't notice, I really hate folks who drive away wonder what they would think if it was done to them?

The same thing happened to me on the same side! Right hand rear of my car in my work car park... Still makes me mad thinking about it!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Since then I have got a dashcam and reverse into every space so if it does happen again I catch the fecker!

I was quoted £100 for a "smart repair" when the front went into a shop after someone reversed into it while i was on holiday, Reckon that you're looking at around 250-300 as mine is just down to the undercoat in the worst places. managed to push the bumper back in place.

Hope you get it sorted for a reasonable price mate!

Went into a Ford approved bodyshop and was quoted £240 - sad face indeed. Better than Auto Repair's £380, anyway. Sad face :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club