Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Paint Warranty

Hi Guys,

Happy New Year!

I maybe a little blind on Fords main website but i was wondering how long the Warranty is for Bodywork Paint?

It appears some of the paint around my back right wheel arch has flaked off, roughly around the side of a fist, no rust around the arch that couold have caused it.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

I believe that paint warranty checks have to be carried out by a main dealer as part of your service and stamped in your service book.

Jason

• Like 1

There is a 12 Year warranty on the bodywork. This warranty only covers rust/paint damage from the inside and rust/paint damage caused by rubbing of other body parts.

Rust/paint damage which is caused by an external cause like stone chip damage is excluded from the warranty.

The 12 Year Ford bodywork warranty requires an annual bodywork inspection by a Ford dealer. If the annual inspection is not performed within the time specified by Ford the bodywork warranty is voided.

Its a grey area some dealers charge extra for this and you have to ask for a paint check to get the book stamped other dealers don't seem to inform you of this or check the paint fords 12 year isn't worth the paper its printed on given most paint damage to the focus is from poor design and road muck sandblasting the paint . The area you state would require the whole rear quarter panel be resprayed which ford won't do you'll need a pro body shop Tha can match the paint exactly

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club