Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With 06 Ford Focus 1.6 Tdci *help Needed*

Graham92irl

having some problems with my ford focus .

its 2006 1.6 tdci diesel .

the car was driving 100% up until 2 weeks ago when it was been driven and suddenly the "Engine systems fault warning light " came on , its the red cog with (!) in the middle ,when this light came on, the car went into " Limp mode " , plugged it in straight away on my diagnostics here and no faults were showing, i then brought it to a garage local and had them plug it in on their diagnostics machine which was much better than mine and still no fault shows up , i then decided to bring it to ford and the the same again . no fault what so ever is showing up on their machine either, has any one had a problem like this before with this model focus ? car starts with no issues at all in the morning or any time so glow plugs are fine, as iv heard a few people saying it could be glow plugs . be greatful if any one can shed some light on this problem , thanks.

image_zps5d597495.jpg

Hi I have the same issue with my focus which is the same engine as yours but mine is at motorway speeds. Does your light go out when you turn the engine off? I'm about to replace the oil in the gear box as I was talking to a mechanic who seems to think that this maybe the issue. but the gears are all fine, my thinking that it maybe a bit of soot on one of the injectors so will give it some redrex to clean them. Sorry if this is of no help. Also did you do a diagnosic after the light was out just thinking it may also be intermittent and only show up with the light on, once again sorry for my ramblings.

Hi I have the same issue with my focus which is the same engine as yours but mine is at motorway speeds. Does your light go out when you turn the engine off? I'm about to replace the oil in the gear box as I was talking to a mechanic who seems to think that this maybe the issue. but the gears are all fine, my thinking that it maybe a bit of soot on one of the injectors so will give it some redrex to clean them. Sorry if this is of no help. Also did you do a diagnosic after the light was out just thinking it may also be intermittent and only show up with the light on, once again sorry for my ramblings.

Mine is on as soon as i start the car, no the light doesnt go off when i switch the engine off , ive used injector cleaning in with the diesel and stil no diffrent, impossible to figure this out when no faults are showing on any diagnostics machine , only way il find out is if i find some one who had the exact same problem or something like this ha

Does your model have an egr valve fitted? If it does try cleaning it internally. If possible lightly grind the valve seat or seats, similar to inlet and exhaust valve grinding with paste by hand. clean any stems and lubricate them with a light synthetic engine oil and re-fit.

any car fitted with an egr valve will benefit from th

e above procedure. finally check that the solenoid operating the valve is functioning correctly otherwise it won't make any difference until that is rectified.

hope this helps!

Steve.

• 1 year later...

Hello there,

Did you ever find out what that light meant? Or how to fix it? I am having the same issue with my Ford.

Thanks for the help!!! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club