Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk3, Sub, Amp & Speakers Upgrade

Stevenlee91

Sweet,
De-wiper the rear window and fit some full spoke 18" BBS style rims,

Thanks, I'm looking to upgrade the alloy wheels but don't know how easy it will be is there any issues I need to worry about as my current size alloys are 16". Was thinking of something like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-BLACK-SNOWFLAKE-MATT-BLACK-ALLOY-WHEELS-FITS-FORD-FOCUS-RS-ST-/331587820643?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3AFord&hash=item4d342c9c63

Its crying out for bigger wheels, get yourself a 0% credit card asap! The kit looks well fitted, dont see many in silver. In fact, ive not seen 1 Zetec S in silver actually!

That's exactly what the guy said after they fitted the kit, it needs some bigger wheels.

Nice job done there Steven. Silver on the mk3 standard car looks crap to me But on the ST or zetec s it looks good. What size rims are you running at the moment? When I got my titx it had 18's on but I got them swapped for 17's as the car looks so much better.

It's got size 16's on at the moment look at the above link to see what I'm thinking of having.

Also thinking of have some external deco work done something like the below but in a black & red design with different side stripes

post-62404-0-68426300-1437128438_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks, I'm looking to upgrade the alloy wheels but don't know how easy it will be is there any issues I need to worry about as my current size alloys are 16". Was thinking of something like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-BLACK-SNOWFLAKE-MATT-BLACK-ALLOY-WHEELS-FITS-FORD-FOCUS-RS-ST-/331587820643?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make:Ford&hash=item4d342c9c63

Sweet 18x8 snowflake style rims,

mine cost that per corner direct from ford with tyres and McGard nuts.

I recommend fitting some

Avon ZV5's excellent tyres as used by the British Police Force aswell.

Fitment 225/40ZR18 92W

Im not sure if the Mk3 focus needs a steering rack limiter kit fitted mate,

Ford could advise:

If they ask "whats it for"

Its a polyurethane ring which fits inside the CV joint reducing the turning angle of the car when on full lock,

To prevent the inside wall of the 8" wide tyre from rubbing the inner wheel arch.

May not be required on the mk3 though.

Could also keep existing alloys and pour on some "Miracle Grow All Purpose"

"images in quoted message below"

The next morning,

I looked out the window and was like WOW!! 18's yo!

"images in quoted message below"

• Like 2

The steering rack limiter is a requirement on the mk3. On talkford there is a good thread about it. If memory serves me right they live not within the cv boot the the other end. 16s are crap small. 18's look too big in my opinion. 17's is what little red riding hood would choose. My car drove ok ish on the 18 it had on But drives much better on 17's.

Those wheels in the link look good and those stripes look mean on that white focus. Can't see them on silver tho. Leave your car as it is. It'll look great without stripes.

• Like 1

Oh. Very funny Lenny rofl wheel grow ha ha

• Like 1

Sweet 18x8 snowflake style rims,

mine cost that per corner direct from ford with tyres and McGard nuts.

I recommend fitting some

Avon ZV5's excellent tyres as used by the British Police Force aswell.

Fitment 225/40ZR18 92W

Im not sure if the Mk3 focus needs a steering rack limiter kit fitted mate,

Ford could advise:

If they ask "whats it for"

Its a polyurethane ring which fits inside the CV joint reducing the turning angle of the car when on full lock,

To prevent the inside wall of the 8" wide tyre from rubbing the inner wheel arch.

May not be required on the mk3 though.

Could also keep existing alloys and pour on some "Miracle Grow All Purpose"

IMG_20130403_082235_zps536ba4ac.jpg

IMG_20130403_083609_zps3f4a4338.jpg

IMG_20130403_083647_zpsd64a54b7.jpg

IMG_20130403_083739_zps0e594973.jpg

IMG_20130403_083714_zpsfa43e8dc.jpg

The next morning,

I looked out the window and was like WOW!! 18's yo!

IMG_20130404_114546_zpsa931b5ba.jpg

Quality Miracle Grow :D

The steering rack limiter is a requirement on the mk3. On talkford there is a good thread about it. If memory serves me right they live not within the cv boot the the other end. 16s are crap small. 18's look too big in my opinion. 17's is what little red riding hood would choose. My car drove ok ish on the 18 it had on But drives much better on 17's.

Those wheels in the link look good and those stripes look mean on that white focus. Can't see them on silver tho. Leave your car as it is. It'll look great without stripes.

I've tried looking for something similar to the 18" I linked in the previous feed in a size 17" but I'm unable to locate these.

After having this new kit fitted the rear spoiler new hits the aerial when I open the boot, they informed me of this when I picked the car up from them. I do have a new aerial but I not sure if it'll pick up DAB signal until I install it at some point.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Richbrook-Officially-Licensed-Ford-Roof-Aerial-/371134091893?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item566950d275

With regards to the stripes I'm just doing some design works to see how it may look before I decide if I wish to go ahead.

• Like 1

I've read recently but where flumoxes me that there is a sharks FIN type aerial that does pick up dab. Bummer about the spoiler hitting your aerial.

As for wheels keep on looking as there's 000's out there. Maybe find a mk3 with 18's on and have a test drive to see how it feels.

That's a good thing your doing regarding stripe designs.

• Like 1

My Zetec S with 18" option alloys are fitted with 235/40/18 and the car does have the rack limiters fitted from new hence the turning circle of a cruise ship!

I might try the miracle grow then as i fancied 19's in my wheel style, nice tip Lenny!:lol:

• Like 1

My Zetec S with 18" option alloys are fitted with 235/40/18 and the car does have the rack limiters fitted from new hence the turning circle of a cruise ship!

:lol: very well described there mate,

On small roundabouts ya gotta take a dip for the first exit in order to make the turning angle to get around to the third exit :)

But on motorway at 120mph sails like its doin 30mph

• Like 1

:lol: very well described there mate,

On small roundabouts ya gotta take a dip for the first exit in order to make the turning angle to get around to the third exit :)

But on motorway at 120mph sails like its doin 30mph

I find it easier to use the handbrake for turns to be honest!:lol:

• Like 1

I've read recently but where flumoxes me that there is a sharks FIN type aerial that does pick up dab. Bummer about the spoiler hitting your aerial.

As for wheels keep on looking as there's 000's out there. Maybe find a mk3 with 18's on and have a test drive to see how it feels.

That's a good thing your doing regarding stripe designs.

I've got an aerial which I put a link up earlier will see if that picks up DAB but if not then I'll look further into the one you describe.

I would really like the design of the alloys I linked above but they don't do them in 17's :(

I might try the miracle grow then as i fancied 19's in my wheel style, nice tip Lenny! :lol:

I didn't think there would so much of a difference with the turning circle if I'm honest seriously need to consider what size I might get.

Now I have found another set of alloys slightly more expensive but they are only 16's and the offset is at 52 which is above the recommended 35-45 I've been reading. Also would these require the limiter?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-Ford-FOCUS-MK3-11-ON-STUNNING-MODEL-F79-4-BLACK-Alloy-Wheels-5x108-ET52-/371218412380?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item566e57735c

Anybody know the spec of the ones I currently have on my car like the width, offset ETC.

Really difficult to find some alloys if you don't know much about what the consequences could be depending on what the specs are....

• Like 1

I've got an aerial which I put a link up earlier will see if that picks up DAB but if not then I'll look further into the one you describe.

I would really like the design of the alloys I linked above but they don't do them in 17's :(

I didn't think there would so much of a difference with the turning circle if I'm honest seriously need to consider what size I might get.

Now I have found another set of alloys slightly more expensive but they are only 16's and the offset is at 52 which is above the recommended 35-45 I've been reading. Also would these require the limiter?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-Ford-FOCUS-MK3-11-ON-STUNNING-MODEL-F79-4-BLACK-Alloy-Wheels-5x108-ET52-/371218412380?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item566e57735c

Anybody know the spec of the ones I currently have on my car like the width, offset ETC.

Really difficult to find some alloys if you don't know much about what the consequences could be depending on what the specs are....

Those 16" are 6.5" wide and wouldnt require a limiter kit,

The 17" are 7.5" wide

18" are 8" wide

Its when you go over 7.5" width that it requires the limiter kit

• Like 1

The 17" are 7.5" wide

18" are 8" wide

The limiter kit is one thing to consider but also make sure you buy the correct offset otherwise you may have either illegal wheels sticking out past the arches or the other way needing spacers at around £200 to bring the wheel out to where it should be. 19" Focus RS wheels are a common upgrade but require spacers all round.

My Cmax was supposed to need the limiters when i fitted my 18's with 225/40/18's so i bought them but never actually fitted the limiters as there was no contact at all with the wheel and suspension components or arch liner. I got the best of both worlds as i had the big wheels and still had a good turning circle.

The only time the limiters bother me on my Focus is in my gym car park. Taking a tight 90 degree turn i have to completely go onto the other side of the road to get out.

• Like 1

The 17" are 7.5" wide

18" are 8" wide

Thanks, so 17's wouldn't need limiters?

The limiter kit is one thing to consider but also make sure you buy the correct offset otherwise you may have either illegal wheels sticking out past the arches or the other way needing spacers at around £200 to bring the wheel out to where it should be. 19" Focus RS wheels are a common upgrade but require spacers all round.

My Cmax was supposed to need the limiters when i fitted my 18's with 225/40/18's so i bought them but never actually fitted the limiters as there was no contact at all with the wheel and suspension components or arch liner. I got the best of both worlds as i had the big wheels and still had a good turning circle.

The only time the limiters bother me on my Focus is in my gym car park. Taking a tight 90 degree turn i have to completely go onto the other side of the road to get out.

That's what I mean don't want to make modifications which maybe illegal.

I've just located a site which gives you recommend Offset which says 38-52 http://www.wheelfitment.net/ford

If I go for the 16's http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-Ford-FOCUS-MK3-11-ON-STUNNING-MODEL-F79-4-BLACK-Alloy-Wheels-5x108-ET52-/371218412380?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item566e57735c

Will these require any spacers?

And

If I go for the 18's http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-BLACK-SNOWFLAKE-MATT-BLACK-ALLOY-WHEELS-FITS-FORD-FOCUS-RS-ST-/331587820643?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3AFord&hash=item4d342c9c63

Will these require any spacers? I know they'll more than likely need the limiter kit (Where can these be sourced from?)

• Like 1

The limiter kits are available from Ford for £15-20. I paid £15 for the Cmax ones but as already stated i never needed them in the end. 17's in my opinion look too small with the kit.18's suit better but if i had the money i would be swapping mine for 19's.

• Like 1

The limiter kits are available from Ford for £15-20. I paid £15 for the Cmax ones but as already stated i never needed them in the end. 17's in my opinion look too small with the kit.18's suit better but if i had the money i would be swapping mine for 19's.

I'm thinking of going for the 18's just need to price up the tyres now and fitting and also any additional costs to my insurance premium.....

Found the limiter kit for £20 + VAT

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_steering_rack_limiter_kit_f_1717039_c_964.htm

• Like 1

Try Camskill for your tyres, very cheap!

Try Camskill for your tyres, very cheap!

Just had a quick look and they are the same price as Black Circles. I'm looking to hopefully purchase the alloys only, than take the car to a Garage to buy the Tyres and then get them to fit the Limiter, alloys & tyres but I'm unsure as to where to take the car to have this done at the moment (Got a few choices such as Kwik Fit, National Tyres, Halfords ETC)

On the Plus side Insurance Premium doesn't increase any.

I have looked at a Suspension lowing kit (30mm) for £150.00 but I'm not sure how the 18" rims will look until fitted and if I do lower the car insurance only increase £30 a year which isn't so bad.

• Like 1

When i checked Camskill were cheaper than Blackcircles, always worth checking a few different options. Asda tyres came out cheaper than Blackcircles too when i last looked.

• Like 1

When i checked Camskill were cheaper than Blackcircles, always worth checking a few different options. Asda tyres came out cheaper than Blackcircles too when i last looked.

Aye you are right about always worth checking a few different options I hadn't even heard of Camskill until you mention it so thanks for the heads up on them.

Still wondering who I'll get to do the work...... I have already pre-sold my old alloy wheels if I get my new ones as my dad has a Mondeo which had been a mobility car which was downgraded to stand wheels and wheel trims so I'll probably charge him £100 per alloy & Tyre (Decent Mitchelin Tyres - With plenty of trend depth) which covers the cost of my new alloys :D

• Like 1

I sold my old alloys to my dad too, arent they great! :lol:

They are indeed, I'd of probably charged more if I'd of sold them on eBay but the Shipping would of been a nightmare lol...

• Like 1

Tyreleader.co.uk is the best deal for tyres I've found. They're shipped free in 48 hours, and then just get fitted wherever you want (£172 for 4 Falken ze914 in 205/55 R16, fitting was £20 for all 4 incl balancing). Sub £50 a tyre + fitting when the cheapest I found in the UK was £50+

• Like 1

That I must admit is incredible pricing...

They are indeed, I'd of probably charged more if I'd of sold them on Ebay but the Shipping would of been a nightmare lol...

Sold mine to a buyer in the uk on eBay lol

Packaged them up like baby bell cheese, shipping was 67 euro for all four,

I made 340 pounds on them bought the RS focus tail lights from sandicliffe

Here's pictures of the packaging process

IMG_20130404_114424_zps50a5c16e.jpg

IMG_20130404_131045_zps47d4028d.jpg

IMG_20130404_130911_zps4b051d7a.jpg

IMG_20130404_130931_zps6d11655e.jpg

IMG_20130404_130945_zps4407f6b5.jpg

IMG_20130404_131008_zpscda896d4.jpg

IMG_20130404_131029_zps592f6cbf.jpg

IMG_20130404_164717_zps49d0ea32.jpg

• Like 1

LMAO! Lenny, have you got photos of EVERYTHING you do?:lol:

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club