Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Advise

Paisleyjim

Hi all. I bought a pair of 16" snowflake alloys off a mondeo for my mk 2 focus. Could anyone tell me what size of nut I need to fix them to the hub as I put the ones that came off my steel wheels and the alloys at the front came off just as I moved off thanks all in advance

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Standard Ford alloy wheel nuts are M12x1.5 thread, 60 degree angle on the bevel washer. Vital dimension in your case is the diameter of the bevel face on the nuts.

This is due to the Ford alloys having very large clearance holes for the wheel face onto the studs - the steel wheel nuts are narrower in this respect plus a lot of aftermarket nuts - they fit the thread but the wheel can just drop over the nuts instead of being clamped into place.

Just google Ford wheel nuts and you'll see those with big wide washer on them, later nuts are 1 piece without the washer but still the same diameter. You can get these from Ford dealers, decent web based Ford Parts places or eBay etc.

Would post a link up but IE and the forum software fall out big time with hyperlinks and I've already lost the contents of this reply once.

Thanks mate that's fantastic. Yeh I did relise the steel wheel nuts just fall through the alloy holes. I measured the hole and it's 19mm so would I need nuts that are slightly bigger ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club