Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Hate when people do something wrong on the road and then when you drive past look at you like you have done something......................

• Like 3

I call those people fists...

Plenty of those about.

Having a debate with someone that has no experience in business, let alone my field...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Having a debate with someone that has no experience in business, let alone my field...

Aaahhhh people at work who think they know something (let alone the ones who think they know everything) when in fact they are total numb brains

Aaahhhh people at work who think they know something (let alone the ones who think they know everything) when in fact they are total numb brains

Yeah we get that a lot too, mostly from clients rather than colleagues though. It makes me glad I'm not in a senior position so I don't have to deal with them :)

I had another involvement with a knuckle dragger today...

Going through a car park, he is sat at a give way line in the car park, I am turning right in front of him to pass him to the exit. As I'm turning the great chimp jumped his car forward to nearly take me out. Then once again as most do, looks at me as if I'm in the wrong. If his kids weren't asleep in the back of the car I would have been out there fighting him over his idiocy. Instead I responded by raising my middle finger and repeatedly tapping the side of my head to inform him of his thick 'clunk' status. I think that's a nicer word than the swearing filter would allow me to post lol

• Like 3

No comment...

Not having a car for the first time in over 10 years. I feel powerless and like a child.

• Like 1

Train fares, I notice the word Fare in train fare is spelt differently to Fair...for obvious reasons.

You decided what your next toy will be?

Tried out an S1 on the weekend, due to being Quattro they are actually even smaller than a regular S1 due to the Halex unit under the boot floor, stuck now.

though about a Focus RS but just don't think I could live with doing 20k a year in one of them.

May just be civil and go for like an A5 2.5TDI convertible. Possibly a 3.0TDI but they are mega money to run.

Got a week or so to think, fed up with paying £165 for a weeks train ticket.

You can get a merc c220 sport for less than what you pay a month on a pcp contract ours does 70mpg unbelivable

The 2.1 Mercedes diesel lump is ancient & not well reviewed.

in my opinion a reveiw is an opinion, thats all ,

we have no problems with the car at all its fast comfy and its what we wanted

the #tech in it is brilliant

C250s are meant to be quite gutsy, SLK250 CDI on paper is quicker that a Fiesta ST, although a bit feminine for me.

Shame they stopped making a 4 seater convertible, bar the expensive and horrible E Class, a C250 conv would be a nice motor.

totally agree on that however budget dictates as usual :rolleyes:

Budget certainly does, engines now seem to dictate the value of a car, saw a CL600 V12 for sale the other day around £115k new and only 3 years ago, yours now for a mere 30K lol, seems big and thirsty means they are worthless cars unless something genuinely very special, economical with grunt they just hold their value so damn well.

Will look at the A5's this week, if I don't like them then a 330d conv may be up for a punt.

Convertibles seem rare these days, nice ones with 4 seats anyway.

Not having a car for the first time in over 10 years. I feel powerless and like a child.

I know the feeling, but only had to put up with not having a car for a few days between selling the old Fiesta and picking up the ST. You're right about feeling powerless, you lose the freedom to go where you want when you want.

I would actually hate to lose my license, I wouldn't know what to do.

Let it be known drink drivers, 2 days in and I can't take it!!!!!

Admittedly I learned a long time ago, I have done once and only once. when I was 21, I didn't get caught but I remember on the way home doing 140MPH on the M25 and thinking damn I have no control, came home and turned into my drive way and bang a huge scrape all the way down the side of my car, turned in too early., repair cost was £1700 and I only had the car for 2 weeks was my 21st Bday pressie, a lovely MK3 Astra GSI with C20 LET inside, loved it, was a proper VX and I ruined it.

Lesson learned, never drink drive, could have been a hell of a lot worse.

OT TIDL Still no Fiesta RST's on sale.

• Like 1

Lesson learned, never drink drive, could have been a hell of a lot worse.

True, you could still be driving a Vauxhall :lol:

Actually on the drink driving front, there is a guy that works for me that got done for it a while back, he thought the course you had to do was only a day course.... Imagine the feeling he had when he found out he'd left it too late to complete the course before the deadline and as a result he was going to face another 6 months of not driving!!

Things I don't like? How expensive transits are :( and I need a crewcab!

• Like 1

6 months, he got off easy.

I used to work with a guy who got done after the Xmas party, he tried to drive between 2 grit lorries but turned out there was only one and stacked into the back of it lol, seeing double. got 2 years for it plus the council courted him for the damage and insurance naturally didn't cover him.

Transits, mega money now, get a Navara or L200 2nd hand.

• Like 1

I think he got 18 months in total, but the ability to knock 6 months off if he did that awareness course... But he didn't do it in time, so he had to do the full 18...

I'm after a 2nd hand transit... It's a nightmare trying to find one I can afford... Think I'll have to sell the focus to just get close to the price...

Things I don't like? The mushroom tip in the white Seat driving like a turning handle thing you find on a door....

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club