Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

You mean the checkout girls speak, I never knew that.

• Like 2

Supermarket self service tills (Morrisons in particular) that constantly tell you to put things into bags and then take them back out again then flash the red light that the one overworked member of staff ignores.

Planks that are in a 40 zone and as soon as they see a speed camera slow down to 30. AAARRRHHH!

• Like 2

Morrisons ones are particularly bad, I've found out

• Like 1

Aye, they are a total pain.

Takes longer to use than if you queue at a manned till.

All they are for is to cut the number of staff they need to employ.

Another thing I hate is the Tesco scan as you shop system, every time I used that at my local one the flaming attendant selected me for a 10 item rescan.

The last time I used a Tesco 2 years ago the attendant chose me for a full rescan and tipped out my bags into the trolley like my shopping was dirty laundry.

It wound me up so much I ended up throwing my club card at them and walking out leaving the shopping where it was.

GGRRR!!

• Like 2

"UNEXPECTED ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA" Agh! It's usually my chuffing knee because I've had to lean across to scan another item! But thankfully they don't rummage through your shopping and make comments.. Oh god, imagine if they did comment on every item!

And Stoney, planks that do 100 between the AVERAGE speed cameras, then slow down to 40 in a 60 when they see a camera!

• Like 1

Oh indeed.

Idiots that just don't understand what 'Average Speed' means and think that as long as they are driving the limit as they pass the camera that they are fine.

Dummies!

• Like 3

I agree on the Morrison's self service tills, although I tend to shop at Tesco (it's normally cheaper and I get the fuel save) and I've been fairly lucky with the scan as you shop thing (don't get selected for checks that often and it's never been the full re-scan).

As for planks that slow down for speed cameras, the worst I've ever encountered was someone going about 15 below the limit in with a fairly long queue of traffic behind them.

• Like 1

post-63654-14280970392_thumb.jpg

This guys parking is another thing I dislike.

If his parking skills are anything to go by, I dread to think how he became a joiner.

• Like 4

4+ spaces JackR, that's pretty good going! Mitre joints on all the bays!

Hywel, Personal Traffic Jams we call tgem! PTJ :-)

We mostly shop at Sainsbury's and Waitorae and use the scan as you go things, we have only ever had one rescan!

I also sinned and forgot to scan a cucumber, so got that for free! :P

• Like 1

We mostly shop at Sainsbury's and Waitorae and use the scan as you go things, we have only ever had one rescan!

I also sinned and forgot to scan a cucumber, so got that for free! :P

Admitting theft there?

:d

• Like 1

Another thing I dislike is early starts on Saturday mornings, plus side is there's hardly any traffic out.

• Like 1

I find the Sainsburys self service things are pretty good, I use them every week and hardly ever get the dreaded "unexpected item in bagging area".

I definitely agree about the Tesco ones though. I used to work at Tesco when I was at uni, and the self service tills were so bad they took more work than regular tills just to get customers through them lol.

Planks that are in a 40 zone and as soon as they see a speed camera slow down to 30. AAARRRHHH!

I'll put my hand up that sometimes that could be me, when I enter a road and I've not seen the speed limit sign and I see a camera and there is no one in front (but cars behind) I will sometimes drop to 30, purely because I've not been sure what the limit is. I blame the road signs (or lack of!)

When you find the vehicle you want/can afford late at night, refresh the page the following day only to see it change to 'sold'..

:( :'( @"!£!£$"£$%@"$@@£$%@"£@$@"!£$@ *rage*

When you find the vehicle you want/can afford late at night, refresh the page the following day only to see it change to 'sold'..

:( :'( @"!£!£$"£$%@"$@@£$%@"£@$@"!£$@ *rage*

It probably was already sold when you looked at it, just the website hadn't updated until this morning. Out of interest what car was it?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

It probably was already sold when you looked at it, just the website hadn't updated until this morning. Out of interest what car was it?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

It was a van actually... Really need a van, this one had the extra seats in order to not lose out on seats from selling a car, mileage wasn't bad, and had a few interesting perks:

http://motoring.trade-it.co.uk/bristol/vans-and-trucks-for-sale/ford-transit/2007-ford-transit-TT509E6HA

My only concern was that because it's NOT an ST and it's been designed to look like an ST, it might have been driven by someone that thinks it's an ST....

• Like 2

And the 20% van tax :(

Pardonez vous?

Here's one that really gets to me:

Enjoy going for a drive on some of the B roads around here but always get stuck behind someone doing 35/45mph in a 60mph national speed limit. Surely there are laws in place to prevent drivers from driving that slowly?

The only time you can do 60mph on some of these roads is at night; did a trip from Plymouth to Oakhampton earlier via Launceston (some fun roads to be fair!), I first got stuck being a Vauxhall Corsa learner driver doing 35 in a 60. The queue of traffic behind them was horrific yet they continued at that speed - they turned off, got up to 60 when a Citroen Picasso pulled out and did 40mph for 10miles. Hit the dual carriageway then so no issue but on my return I was then behind a Peugeot 2008 that was traveling at 45. Managed to overtake him and around the corner was a jeep trundling along at 35 - worse thing is at every corner she was braking hard down to 25!

By which time the Peugeot had caught up. Got past the Jeep when I was almost home but I don't understand why no one does 55/60mph? I can understand braking to those speeds on sharp corners but on straight roads and wide bends?!

Certainly shot my MPG to !Removed!, barely got out of 3rd gear for most of the trip :angry:

• Like 1

Here's one that really gets to me:

Enjoy going for a drive on some of the B roads around here but always get stuck behind someone doing 35/45mph in a 60mph national speed limit. Surely there are laws in place to prevent drivers from driving that slowly?

I get this a lot too, and they always seem to choose the stretches of road with no good overtaking spots. It makes be envy bikers who can just shoot past anything in a couple of seconds.

i hate traffic, and i hate the hybrid owners tootling along using no fuel whatsoever. it made me wish my car had a hybrid motor - the little ecoboost paired with an electric motor. so i can not use any fuel sitting pointlessly in traffic.

talking of traffic, i hate rubber neckers. it's total bull, the reason why most traffic exists. slowing down to look at an accident, nothing infuriates me more than the traffic just not existing. i can accept a closed lane or a stopped vehicle, in the middle of the road, or debris scattered far and wide. but traffic because a car is stopped on the hard shoulder, out of the way of anybody, traffic still happens because people won't look ahead and carry on driving.

i flew over the motorway when flying out of heathrow, and i could see a traffic jam which just thinned out. cars were at a standstill for no reason.

and while i'm ranting, people who don't merge in time. there is always traffic where i am because somebody not in the correct lane decides to merge at the very last moment.

finally, why can't we all do race car starts from traffic lights? nothing stinks more than seeing the lights go green and being at a total standstill, only moving when the lights go red. if we all moved off together, there wouldn't be traffic, there would only be world peace

• Like 1

Here's another supermarket one...I may have said this a few months ago already...trolley parkers! The folks who can't push a trolley those extra 5 metres to the trolley park, so abandon them loose in the car park to dent other cars! Agh! Lazy lazy! And the people who park right next to me when I've deliberately parked in the overflow to the overflow right at the back, and there are no other cars in sight! Are they just lonely??!! :-)

• Like 2

I don't like needing very important injections, only for it to be easter and all the pharmacies are closed and the open ones don't have any.

Then when gast food venues seem to be chasing the chickens, killing them, plucking them, preparing and cooking them all whilst your sat I'm the queue waiting for your order...

I also haven't been sleeping recently, I really don't like being unable to sleep.

I don't like when everyone around seems to be following an unwritten rule of 15mph everywhere and I feel like I missed the memo.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club