Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Failed On Mot - What Is Rear Rubber Mounting Bush Split

Jeremyc

Hey guys,

Just had an MOT today and it failed on "rear rubber mounting bush". Can anyone tell me more about this and if its possible to fix myself at home and if it were to be done at garage what sort of price would I be looking at for part/labor.

Thanks a lot guys!

could be the rear anti roll bar links or the trailing arm bush. i was given an advisory for both.

you need to ask them which one it is

could be the rear anti roll bar links or the trailing arm bush. i was given an advisory for both.

you need to ask them which one it is

The form says front suspension, lower suspension arm, axle 1 near side if that's any help

It will be referring to the lower control arm/wishbone bushes.

I would just replace the complete arm rather than trying to source bushes

• Like 1

Hi Stef,

Can you tell me how much the parts would cost and if I could fit it at home or is it best left to a garage and if so what costs would I be looking at

A good quality or genuine lower control arm will cost you around £100.

Definitely a DIY job, basic socket/spanner set will do. Preferably using 6 point/hex sockets and a breaker bar.

An hours labour at a garage will cover it.

A good quality or genuine lower control arm will cost you around £100.

Definitely a DIY job, basic socket/spanner set will do. Preferably using 6 point/hex sockets and a breaker bar.

An hours labour at a garage will cover it.

Okay sounds good. Where could I source a good quality party/genuine. Do you know how to identify the difference and any names of them. Will get it ordered asap

Fordpartsuk are 105 or 125 plus delivery + vat. There are 2 different sizes, 18 and 21mm respectively.

Or stick your reg into eurocarparts website, lemforder (an oem brand) are around £95 inc vat with free delivery or pickup from your local branch.

As for 18 or 21mm, this has been brought up several times now but it will depend on what model you have

Also, suspension components should ideally be replaced in pairs - take into account that if one bush has split the other side is probably nearing the same condition if it's the same age.

• Like 1

if youre going to use ECP, go for the Lemforder parts, they will be better quality

check www.carparts4less.co.uk, its Eurocarpart's sister site (online orders only) but the prices are usually abit less, and discounts for spending over 50, 100 150 etc

go for the lemforder kit you wont regret it quality item

Can I ask how much of a difference the quality make here? Are we talking it breaking or reducing for instance vibration or the possibility of it ruining tread.

difficult to say, i would rather get the best quality and not worry about them again. i changed my rear anti roll bar links using a cheap brand and a year later they are already split.

Get a quality item first time then you dont have to worry about it :) Lemfroder make OEM parts for manufacturers too ive heard

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club