Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BOOT OPENING

moggy007

I have just got a new fusion zetec and can,t get the boot to open with key fob !!!! it opens the doors but not boot is that right ?? :(

Hi

Just checking. You are pressing the key fob button twice aren't you? If that not the problem the key fob might be faulty. You should have to go back to the dealers after so many miles for them to check the car over. I forget what they call it. Ask them to look at it then.

Hi

Just checking. You are pressing the key fob button twice aren't you? If that not the problem the key fob might be faulty. You should have to go back to the dealers after so many miles for them to check the car over. I forget what they call it. Ask them to look at it then.

On my 04 Fusion you only press once for the boot, the Focus is twice, don't know about newer models.

Hi on my 05 fusion you press the dashboard button once and the key fob button ( the button with the pic of boot) twice to open boot.

On my 04 Fusion you only press once for the boot, the Focus is twice, don't know about newer models.

Only once? I could of sworn that it was twice. Never mind. Get the dealer to check it. Especially while it is under warranty. You may as well get your moneys worth out of the dealership!

Only once? I could of sworn that it was twice. Never mind. Get the dealer to check it. Especially while it is under warranty. You may as well get your moneys worth out of the dealership!

Just wondering as there seems to be differing options, is it possible to alter the method of operation?

If I remember I'll get the handbook out later & check, I'd prefer 2 presses really, less chance of accidental opening. :unsure:

Just wondering as there seems to be differing options, is it possible to alter the method of operation?

If I remember I'll get the handbook out later & check, I'd prefer 2 presses really, less chance of accidental opening. :unsure:

Yes you can.

It can be done by the dealers using I.D.S.

My friend used I.D.S. to program his Focus to deadlock when the button is pressed once not twice.

He also changed the boot lock to a 2 press as the Focus was a one press lock. (Which I never knew I thought that it was 2 anyway)

I'm not sure if you can do it with out I.D.S.

I might go and have a play.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club