Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This? And Question...

Weozy

Hello all,

Can anybody tell me what this is? Does it have a purpose? Is there anything special underneath? Should something go on top?

post-63417-142627902795_thumb.jpg

post-63417-14262790401_thumb.jpg

Also, I'm getting quite a lot of white/grey smoke coming from the exhaust mainly when I accelerate and then release the accelerator and it causes a lovely sized cloud. Fuel injectors maybe?

Thanks in advance for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

That's the coin holder and cup holder in the centre console looks like the top trim is missing does the cloud off smoke only happen after first start if so just up burnt fuel mine tends to do it on cold mornings after it doesn't catch first flick of the key

I have another cup holder behind it but when a can for example is on the black one its really wobbly. I have the cover, just looks strange and out of place aha.

post-63417-142628113398_thumb.jpg

It does happy on cold morning yes but also when the car has warmed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

This is the original phone holder of the original (wired) Phone system. However this is only the base of the system. The electronic part and the actual phone holder seems to be missing. I suspect the previous owner removed these parts because there are no Phone holders available for modern phones.

This wired Phone system was only available as an option in the early Focus MK2. After a short time this system was superseded by the first Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

Seem to remember the wired phone system had a base installed then you needed a carrier/adaptor specific to your particular phone?

The wired Phone system consists of a base (shown on the pictures) which includes a connection part (which seems to be missing). The connection part connects the base with the Phone specific holder/adapter. There were about 10 to 15 different Phone specific holders/adapters available but because this was back in 2005 and 2005 Phones are ancient these days I suspect someone has removed the connection part and the Phone specific holder/adapter.

The wired Phone system has a Phone module which looks identical to the newer Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. However the wired Phone system uses a wired connection instead of a bluetooth connection. I suspect the wiring loom of the wired system and the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system to be the same. It should be relatively easy to upgrade the wired Phone system to the (old) Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club