Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tdci Upgrades

samgreeny

Thank you sir, that's very informative.. I've had this dilemma wether to get a 18" and 17". Now that you said it, then I will be sticking to 17".

• Like 1

Had my dpf done. It definitely feels different!

Had it donee Saturday. Come to drive it Sunday and the engine management like comes on. Will it go into limp mode or would it have already done it? Drove it for 2 hours after it had been on.

Take it back to who did your dpf and tell them for either a full refund or to do the job Right. Looks like they didn't do an ecu delete regarding the DPF.

• Like 1

No they haven't cause me and a mate did it but it hasn't been mapped yet. Wanting to get that done soon.

It was more just checking if it would go into limp mode or not?

• Like 1

Oh. But from what I've read over time you don't need a remap just to do a DPF delete. Oh well you'll just have to use your forscan or similar to delete the management light.

• Like 1

I am wanting to get it remapped anyway tbh so may as well get it all done at the same time. Unless there is a way of doing a DPF delete a different way?

Had my dpf done. It definitely feels different!

Had it donee Saturday. Come to drive it Sunday and the engine management like comes on. Will it go into limp mode or would it have already done it? Drove it for 2 hours after it had been on.

Hi mate have you confirmed it's the dpf that's caused your eml to come on? I was gonna do this myself this weekend but if it causes an error I'll have to wait till I get re map Lenny was absolutely certain there no sensors on dpf of our cars with the cdpf non eloys so confused as to how eml come on
  • Like 2

Hi mate have you confirmed it's the dpf that's caused your eml to come on? I was gonna do this myself this weekend but if it causes an error I'll have to wait till I get re map Lenny was absolutely certain there no sensors on dpf of our cars with the cdpf non eloys so confused as to how eml come on

Hey mate. Well it has only come on since I had the dpf done? It's now putting out black smoke. I probably wouldn't touch it and get a place to do it at the same time. I need to book it in for a map in the next week if I can

You have got your egr blanked off haven't ya? Bummer I was hoping to get away with it. This is exactly why I'd asked before about a straight pipe to replace it just in case I had to put the dpf back on

• Like 1

You have got your egr blanked off haven't ya? Bummer I was hoping to get away with it. This is exactly why I'd asked before about a straight pipe to replace it just in case I had to put the dpf back on

Yep!

Yeah I really need to get it mapped now. Hating the black smoke and I presume it can harm the engine?

No it shouldn't do any harm. You did leave the cat and not break that up as well by mistake did ya? It could just be the injector dumping fuel into the exhaust it has an injector specificly for the dpf try disconnecting it. It's the solid metal pipe just before where the dpf can is. If it's that you may have destroyed the cat with raw fuel

• Like 1

Black smoke, which is basically soot, indicates a fuel / air imbalance, normally too much fuel & not enough air

• Like 2

No it shouldn't do any harm. You did leave the cat and not break that up as well by mistake did ya? It could just be the injector dumping fuel into the exhaust it has an injector specificly for the dpf try disconnecting it. It's the solid metal pipe just before where the dpf can is. If it's that you may have destroyed the cat with raw fuel

No the cat is still there. Not sure if to keep driving it or not until I get it mapped? Wish I had waiting now tbh

Black smoke, which is basically soot, indicates a fuel / air imbalance, normally too much fuel & not enough air

cause any damage to anything?

A functioning DPF should be trapping the soot particles which are the source of black smoke - that is the main function of a DPF

• Like 2

Left for too long the root cause will clog up the EGRV ( unless it's blanked )

Your engine is running rich for some reason

• Like 1

Left for too long the root cause will clog up the EGRV ( unless it's blanked )

Your engine is running rich for some reason

The egr is blanked.

Will have to get it remapped and hopefully will sort it out

The remapper needs to know the engine is running rich

• Like 1

The remapper needs to know the engine is running rich

They should be able to tell if they're good at what they do

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It sounds to me more likely something else is amiss tbh. The dpf wouldn't cause it to over fuel

• Like 1

Sure you haven't damaged any sensors or wiring whilst doing the work?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The root cause of the issue needs rectifying

• Like 1

You really need to plug into it and see what the eml light is on for. Borrow a obd reader if need be

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club