Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.5T Hestitant And Bucking

edition

Hi,

I've had hesitancy issue on my 2.5t since I bought it 10k miles ago but it never seemed to get any worse. I've replaced spark plugs, air filter, Maf, coil pack (used 1 new one but swapped on all cylinders),oil diaphragm and pipe. I,ve also tried another battery on the car.

The car does this both on standard map and with Bluefin. With Bluefin the car has a very harsh bucking if its been running for a while then gets stuck in traffic and then in 2nd gear you use full throttle at approx. 2500r.p.m then will rev happily enough after that.

Recently that car also has the following errors as attached.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm getting really fed up with it!!!

Just to add I also changed the boost solenoid as well about 10k miles ago and made no difference.

post-38812-0-37403800-1432732466_thumb.j

post-38812-0-37181000-1432732522_thumb.j

From those 2 screens I'd say you need to look at the fuel pump, and maybe throttle pedal potentiometer too.

First steps would be checking the wiring around these plus the connector plugs being fully secure with no bent or backed-out pins.

Maybe if you have access to an OBD type diagnostic program (or perhaps a dash test mode) you can see if you're getting full sweep of readings for the throttle pedal from 0 to 100% with no dead-spots?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club