Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Know How These Should Be Fitted?

mjt

I took off the panel at the base of the windscreen of my Mk2.5 to clean out the debris and try to sort out a problem whereby it wouldn't stay clipped to the bottom edge of the glass. When I came to refit it I couldn't work out how the two items arrowed below went back in (ok, I know I should have taken more notice when I took them out, but a new screen had been fitted by the dealer when I bought the car and I'm not sure they were put back properly then).

They seem to be intended to keep water off the heated screen connectors but the tabs and other shapes moulded on the back don't seem to fit whichever way I orient them, so does anybody know how they should be fitted?

post-757-0-97196100-1432984428_thumb.jpg

post-757-0-21548900-1432984444_thumb.jpg

Should fit so they go against the a pillar the top tail piece of the plastic trim is where it fits not the bit you have it on

Thanks for replying Artscot. Sorry for being a bit dim but I think I need a diagram or photo to see what you mean. Are you saying they attach to the ends of the trim panel?

Thanks. I'll have another go at it. :huh: :)

Hopefully you make it out

Hi Arthur,

It turns out your Mk2 is different from my Mk2.5 as you can see below after I finally figured out how they fit. Once I'd got them in their proper positions it was obvious. I must say, though, that this is another bit of design on the Mk2.5 that doesn't seem to have been very well thought out.

post-757-0-08665100-1433171418_thumb.jpg

post-757-0-00264500-1433171427_thumb.jpg

post-757-0-24883500-1433171439_thumb.jpg

post-757-0-44580000-1433171468_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club