Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3.5 No Drls

NeuroOrbit

Hey,

I have a new 2015 Focus Mk3.5 Zetec, only thing which I find a bit strange is why there are no

day time running lights? I wasn't expecting LED ones, but like I have a 2014 Fiesta Zetec which has them using normal bulbs, and I have even seen them on all the Ford transit vans now. So I was expecting the Focus which is the latest newer model to definitely have them, seeing as virtually all new cars do now.

Has anyone got any idea what Ford were thinking??

The Ford dealer did contact me to ask me what I thought of the car, this is like a courtesy call they must be forced to make by Ford. I told them I was a bit disappointed but they showed absolutely no interest.

Anyways, apparently the optional original factory fitted LED headlights cost £237.31 each plus around £230 fitting and reprogramming. This is subject to the wiring being there. I got this info from another Ford garage parts department that were a lot more helpful.

I don't think I can justify paying out for them now, I should have added them as part of the appearance pack that's available. However, I do feel pretty short changed when I see cheap smart cars, Vauxhalls, and white Transit vans driving round with them!

Because the Mk3.5 is a facelift, it was type approved before cars legally had to have DRLs.

Therefore they are only standard on the Zetec S and Titanium X, and an option for the Zetec and Titanium

Waste of money do without them the amount of cars Tha they fail on is pretty ludicrous and most require new units at the same price you've been qouted

I thought all cars when facelifted must have them...even if it's not a whole new model? As pointed out the Fiesta got them and so does most of the range. A strange one!

I was told all cars manufactured after sept 2014 had to have them, but was told wrong, lol

Was talking about drls last week, his info was wrong, ha ha.

If a facelift model produced after the date drl's became mandatory is not done with over a certain percentage of new features then legally they don't have to fit them.

Its all down to when the type aporoval was done so the mk3 was given type approval before the mandatory drl rule was brought in since the mk3.5 is basically a facelifted car that doesn't deviate drastically from the type approved mk3 its still under that approval so only a redesigned or heavily facelifted mk4 will need them as it would need new type approval

• Like 1

It's not been re-crash test either so I imagine they're just curbing the cost

The new fiesta zetec s has drl😊

• Like 1

Yes it's strange how the Fiesta got DRLs as standard and the Focus didn't...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club