Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Not A Good Start To The Week...

jmurray01

Well yesterday I decided to give the Volvo a thorough clean and as everything smelled of dog I used quite a lot of warm water. The result thereof was a puddle of water in the passenger's door pocket, which I forgot to mop up. When going out later that evening, what did I put in said pocket? My mobile phone. What is not working today? My mobile phone!

It's a Nokia 520 and I did take the battery out and let it sit last night to hopefully dry out, but even now although there is less visible water inside the screen it still doesn't display anything. The phone powers on and vibrates, beeps et cetera, plus the back lights illuminate but nothing displays.

What do you reckon it will work again tomorrow?

This has just been the final nail in the coffin after all the financial expenses of the past few days.

If it doesn't start working again I will contact Three and see if they can give me an early upgrade (contract expires in December this year), although I doubt it.

So, has anybody else given their smartphone a "bath" and did it start working again?

Put it in a bag of rice and into a warm cupboard for a few days, it 'might' work after it dries out

• Like 1

Could be worse, you could have fallen asleep in the garden today like i did, i could fry an egg on my chest at the minute!:angry: That is my actual colour!:lol:

• Like 1

Put it in a bag of rice and into a warm cupboard for a few days, it 'might' work after it dries out

Tilda microwave rice?:rolleyes:

Could be worse, you could have fallen asleep in the garden today like i did, i could fry an egg on my chest at the minute!:angry: That is my actual colour!:lol:

Owch. !

• Like 1

Tilda microwave rice?:rolleyes:

Long grain ;) lol

• Like 1

Im partial to basmati to be honest but did enjoy some fried rice with beef mushroom, chips and curry last night! A bit off topic here maybe?:lol:

Im partial to basmati to be honest but did enjoy some fried rice with beef mushroom, chips and curry last night! A bit off topic here maybe?:lol:

Just a tad.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club