Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St + Mp215 + What Else?

WXC79

Done 1k miles on mine still good, but the mounts look new, did they fit new ones when you had it fitted?

^ I'll ask them. What colour are the mounts on yours? I'll have a look at mine and see if they're the same.

Where did you go to have yours fitted, and did you see if the exhaust came with new mounts? I didn't see my exhaust until it was on the car, but I'll have a look at the mounts. Maybe they'll let me have a look when they have the car on the lift.

How are you guys finding life with the Mountune Cat Back installed? Read about some knocking issues, that's hopefully a quick fix. I'm sure they designed the exhaust to work with he original fittings, but it does make sense to perhaps use the alternative mounts for that little bit of extra security.

Any regrets after having the Mountune exhaust fitted? I'm still waiting for them to be in stock, the long wait continues;)

On a slightly different topic...

I recently got some Ford touch-in paint for my ST. It's Molten Orange, so the kit comes in 4 parts, but without any instructions. Does anyone know the correct order of application? I have a nasty chip on the bonnet that I want to sort out. I can pretty much guess the correct order, but I want to make myself 100% certain before I do it.

Also, if anyone's got a silly amount of money to burn on a carbon fibre engine cover, check this beauty out:

http://www.sico-developments.co.uk/collections/2013-mk7-fiesta-st/products/karztec-fiesta-st-engine-cover?variant=5966106308

• Like 1

The exhaust is amazing.. By the far the best system I have ever had... With the all the toys fitted it's very loud on idle or heavy acceralation.. (I found the intercooler and all the pipes made the standard system much louder then standard) but on part load or cruising it's not as loud as the road noise so no drone, which for me! Got a very nice deap bubble sound, and can pop a little on the over run.. Although loud it's never too load or annoying in car.. No issues with the fit on mine.

That paint is silly hard, I tried and gave up, in the end I just used the red to hide chips a little bit.. The Orange part stood out too much.

• Like 1

^ Are those yellow mounts the Focus RS ones mentioned above? And I assume I would need 4 of them looking at the pics of the exhaust on the Mountune site.

Yeah Phil there the ones, just going to post the part number to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Can't wait to get the exhaust now!

Can any of the ones that have it, could you get a video whilst driven and if you can at 70mph as I don't won't a loud drone as I'm always on a duel carriage way or motorway!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

At 70mph you won't hear anything from the exhaust..

I agree it's not noticeably louder than standard until you put your foot down :)

And yes it's a brilliant exhaust. I don't have anything to compare it to though because this is the first car that I've modified in any way.

• Like 2

Cool, thanks for the replies. I'm impatiently waiting for my chance to grab one;)

In the meantime, here's a few quick snaps I took today after washing, then adding some decals... (couldn't be bothered editing out the number-plate;)

ST, freshly washed;)

ST - Yellow ST badge decal 1

ST - Yellow ST badge decal 2

I'll be taking a crack at some stone chip filling-in tomorrow, when the Sun's supposed to be out for longer, in the morning;)

Oh, and it's Molten-Orange, honest;) The damn iPad & sun combo make it look more like race-red.

• Like 1

That's a gorgeous colour, just a bit over the top for me though haha.

Been to Stoneacre, the guy said he adjusted the heat shield a bit but there wasn't much else he could do, which is understandable. So I was advised to keep an eye on it and take it back if it keeps knocking.

I'm going to look at upgrading the mounts so just need to figure out which are the best ones to go for. Phil when you got those mounts were they the same size and the standard ones on the ST, and are all 4 the same size or did you just replace the rear two holding the backbox?

The orange in the sun looks mint. But seen some that look flat in dull light, I put a gtechniq coating on mine that seems make the colour pop more, noticable when Park next to a red one.

Hopefully the fixed it, if not changing the mounts.

You get 3 in the pack just replace the 3 red hangers leave the front blue one as is

post-38083-144475688228_thumb.jpgpost-38083-144475691331_thumb.jpgpost-38083-144475694092_thumb.jpg

post-38083-14447569692_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I did a bit of googling about different types of mounts, and there is some talk about stiffer exhaust mounts causing damage to brackets and other parts :o

I need to find out if there's any truth to this or if it only affects other cars.

I used poly bushes on my last car as I did lots of track sessions never felt or had any issues. Not met anyone else that did either...

• Like 1

Your ST's are looking good lads, B) B) B) is the Mountune exhaust resonated?.

• Like 1

^ Yes, according to the Mountune site it has a "Engineered Helmholtz resonator for a less intrusive, performance sound".

• Like 1

Resonated is so easy to live with, just a little drone at 70mph.

It's not a like the standard resonators that are used. The Helmholtz part is different, google it. Very interesting reading.

And no No drone at 70mph. Unless my car makes lots more Road noise then others.. Honestly you can not hear the exhaust over the symposer or road noise.

• Like 1

Before I order those Focus RS exhaust mounts, does anyone know if they are the same size as the standard Fiesta ST ones? And is the front mount a different size to the other 3 (I'll leave that one alone)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club