Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Oil Change?

PhDream

Hi guys!

My first topic on the forum, so I apologise if it's been discussed before. :)

I bought a Fiesta 2 moths ago and have driven around 1700 miles. Recently I received a probably auto-generated email from the dealer offering me the first oil change at a discount rate. They wrote that it's good for the engine to have the first oil change between 1500-2000 miles.

I've read a lot about this topic online, but there seems to be no right answer. Ford's manual of course does not state anything about the first change of oil, only general guidelines of 10,000 miles or 1 year, whatever comes first.

What do you guys think?

Yes, I also asked a similar question here, and people replied saying that every 12k or once a year is good. I'll be doing one before October too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply. Unless someone comes along with a good argument for changing the oil earlier, I'll stick to Ford's recommendation and save myself a 100 quid. :)

No need for an oil change until 12.5 k or 12months (not 10k)whichever the sooner, so its just the garage you bought it off trying it on hoping a percentage will assume ford are saying it needs done

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club