Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starter.

portobe17o

My 06 Diesel Zetec was turning over very slow, just catching. I thought it was the battery but after charging it overnight it was still the same. Does this point to a dodgy starter? If so, are they easy to fit?

What voltage is the battery across the terminals ?

The battery may be beyond charging - it needs a load test to verify its condition

• Like 3

What voltage is the battery across the terminals ?

The battery may be beyond charging - it needs a load test to verify its condition

+1

+1 but if it is the starter there not that bad to do if you have a ramp and its at the front on the engine on your shape

The battery passed a load test, indicating "Good". The problem is intermittent, sometimes it turns over lovely and other times it turns over so slow it almost stops. Engine always fires in the end tho !?

Could be loose connections on the battery terminals / earth point and / or the starter motor connections - check these are all tight

• Like 1

Could be loose connections on the battery terminals / earth point and / or the starter motor connections - check these are all tight

I've been saying this alot lately, but again

+1 ^ aha

• Like 1

I would be checking for loose connections or get a friend with a good battery to swap over and check if it starts any better.

• 2 weeks later...

griffo 1997. You say to change a starter on a 2006 1.4 Diesel Fiesta is no prob? Could you explain how it's done please? Thanks.

• Like 1

Hard to explain for me bud but its at the front of the engine its 4/6 13mm nuts attaching the earths to the starter and 4x 13mm bolts attaching it to the gearbox plus disconnect the electrical connectors colour code these to make it easier when your putting it back together then it will pull straight out but its best doing it on a ramp i wouldn't try it on your drive lad hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It's definitely not at the front mate. It's behind the engine, between engine and bulkhead.

It's definitely not at the front mate. It's behind the engine, between engine and bulkhead.

So griffo the tech was wrong? Lol
  • Like 2

Yep, griffo the Ford Technician is wrong I'm afraid. I think he may be getting his models mixed up! It's a 2006 1.4 Fiesta Diesel mate.

• Like 1

Not quite a ford tech at 17/18yrs old , still got a bit to learn.

• Like 3

Oh I see. I didn't realise he was only 17..... Doh!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club