Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cataclean Went Straight On The Floor

joelwool
聽Share

This blows my mind, but I just tried to empty a bottle of cataclean into my focus. So I pushed the end of the bottle into my petrol hole and SAY WHAT, it started splashing onto the floor somewhere behind the back wheel.

I would love to hear the words oh yeah this is normal, but I highly doubt it.

馃槀

You have to move the silver cap thing inside your fuel port you can move it by pushing it to the side or use a funnel to slide the silver cap thing to the side, sorry if this is very vague but I don't know what the silver cap thingy is lol.

Your car probably has the capless Ford Easy Fuel system. This system has a few locking flaps/valves which can only be openened with the correct fuel nozzle or the funnel which is supplied with the car.

Without using the correct funnel the liquid will indeed end on the floor instead of inside the fuel tank.

• Like 1

I thought the silver thing was out of the way, the bottle was about 2 inches inside then it was slipping onto the floor. I can't believe there would be a hole so fuel can fall on the floor. Unless it's split or something.

Yes it's normal

Ford's capless easy fuel will only accept a fuel nozzle or the funnel that came with the car or a nozzle / funnel of equal diameter which needs to be inserted as per the destructions :)

• Like 1

I had this problem as well but I used wynns total fuel system thing, 拢17 quid a bottle and it was going on the floor no matter what I did, thinking of putting it in a 5L jerry can like when I go to get fuel for the mower, maybe this would work. I use V power petrol which I think has cleaning chemicals in it but I'd still like a complete clean

Unless the correct funnel is used on easy-fuel capless tanks it will just back up and run out of the overflow pipe.

If you don't have the funnel either in the glovebox or in the boot tool tray then you need to get one from Ford.

They are only a couple of quid anyay.

• Like 1

This blows my mind, but I just tried to empty a bottle of cataclean into my focus. So I pushed the end of the bottle into my petrol hole and SAY WHAT, it started splashing onto the floor somewhere behind the back wheel.

I would love to hear the words oh yeah this is normal, but I highly doubt it.

I have no more to add but that's brightened my morning. :lol: I watched someone do exactly the same at the fuel station last week. :lol: I did go over and explain what the issue was lol.

It amazes me that people still don't understand the easyfuel system. :D

• Like 2

Fraud provide an owners manual for a reason . . . :)

I have no more to add but that's brightened my morning. :lol: I watched someone do exactly the same at the fuel station last week. :lol: I did go over and explain what the issue was lol.

It amazes me that people still don't understand the easyfuel system. :D

tbf not everyone reads the ford manual and learns about the easyfuel system before using the car and i certainly didnt think of it either...i've been a victim of this issue too.

it has + and - of this feature but you cant blame someone for not reading the manual. maybe a sticker inside the fuel flap with a diagram should have been applied!

Our ex Fiesta ST2, our Mondeo TXS & our Focus ST3 all have stickers in the fuel flap showing how to correctly insert the fuel nozzle

People should read the manual though... Not the moment they collect the car but at some point shortly afterwards. It'd mostly pictures anyway, doesn't take long to flick through, they'd probably find some other interesting features they didn't know the car had also. :)

A sticker on the flap would also be useful I agree!! Not so much for nozzle insertion (though people seem to struggle with that too despite the sticker) but stating that nothing can be put in the hole without the correct adapter. Not sure of an easy universal symbol for that though.

• Like 3

Fords with easy fuel do have stickers in the fuel flaps - at least mine do

Mine does for the nozzle being horizontal rather than at an angle, but it doesn't show anything to do with filling from a fuel can or using an additive which a lot of people don't know/understand.

Which is why Fraud provide an owners manual to provide owners with the knowledge they need

• Like 1

Damned easy fill system!

Stupid thing cost me 170 to replace when the older first version broke on my car due to being a crap design, the plastic funnel went in too far braking the insides of it, had to have the whole rear subframe removed to replace a 20 quid filler neck

the newer version is much better and shouldn't have such issues!

Grrr

still annoys me that something so simple was made so complicated to replace. but that shouldn't have surprised me given the other genius design flaws with this car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club