Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Freeze Or Burn...

jmurray01

Vauxhall has advised owners of the self-combusting Zafira models to use the heater "sparingly". IT IS NOW NOVEMBER. Good timing Vauxhall.

So basically you have two options, leave the heater off and freeze or turn it on and be nice and toasty... VERY toasty, in fact. Burning, would be a better word.

I just love it, I really do. Makes me glad I own a Nissan (and I never thought I'd say that!).

• Like 6

Vauxhall electrical build quality is all top of the line gear how dare you slag them off.... :whistling: However as much as I dislike them and find them boring after having them I do actually like the new zafira's.

• Like 1

Vauxhall electrical build quality is all top of the line gear how dare you slag them off.... :whistling: However as much as I dislike them and find them boring after having them I do actually like the new zafira's.

They are more comfortable, apparently, than Citroen Picassos on long journeys, one of my mates claim. And of the course, the threat of spontaneous combustion keeps you on your toes and alert - on that long journey :lol:

• Like 1

They are more comfortable, apparently, than Citroen Picassos on long journeys, one of my mates claim. And of the course, the threat of spontaneous combustion keeps you on your toes and alert - on that long journey :lol:

Haha!! :lol:

There are a lot of comfortable cars out there, the fact one Vauxhall happens to be comfortable (in someone's opinion) isn't a reason to buy them.

• Like 1

if i still owned mine,1st thing i would do is make sure i had full comp insurance with protected with curtosy car etc.

cant be too careful eh.

• Like 1

if i still owned mine,1st thing i would do is make sure i had full comp insurance with protected with curtosy car etc.

cant be too careful eh.

I can't believe parents still put their children in them. If I had children (what a terrible thought!) I wouldn't let them near it.

Fortunately my mother has never owned a Vauxhall in her life.

• Like 1

I've said I'd never have a Vauxhall again. But I can't help but want an Insignia VXR, never mind I'll be getting my new RS soon( slowly drifts off into the land of nod containing cars and many beautiful women) zzzzzz

• Like 2

If I had a Vauxhall, I would always carry a fresh bag of chestnuts with me in the car, in case that it goes "poof".

The saying - "if life gives you lemons then..." comes to mind. ;)

A portable popcorn maker :D

attachicon.gif1306690.jpg

The supermarkets have missed a trick, buy three bags of popping corn and we give you a free Zafira to cook it in :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

oh dear, and that is their advice. If that was Ford they would probably wait a year, see how many are affected then at least do a recall!

• Like 1

I'm fixing a fiat grande punto/corsa D tomorrow. Fixed it 14 months ago with the usual fault of a burnt out heater resistor plug. Fitted a genuine Vauxhall/fiat connector too!

This time I'm going for a modified wiring loom which apparently fixes the problem but we will see I guess! Seems that both manufacturers are struggling to get such tiny detail right!! It's no wonder the plugs burn out though, going by the size of the tiny contacts inside.

• Like 1

your going to fix a corsa?

Stef, I am disappointed in you, surely you should fit a faulty loom and let it feel the goodness of its big brother!

• Like 4

your going to fix a corsa?

Stef, I am disappointed in you, surely you should fit a faulty loom and let it feel the goodness of its big brother!

Well a fiat technically :lol:

2 sliced hands later, sadly it's fixed.

• Like 2

This is why you needed to kill it, if you didnt kill it, it would try kill you!

• Like 3

Well a fiat technically :lol:

2 sliced hands later, sadly it's fixed.

Ouch, hope you didn't waste too much blood on a Fiat/Vauxhall...

Ouch, hope you didn't waste too much blood on a Fiat/Vauxhall...

Well I did leave some behind the dashboard and on the carpet :lol:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club