Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Fuel Economy On A 125 Ecoboost?

Ecoboost

As much as the 1.0 litre 3 cylinder is a cracking little engine, the mk3 and above focus is a large heavy car for its class. Seems to be better suited to the fiesta lighter cars.

It works really well in the Focus with 6 speed box imo. Drives really well.

• Like 1

It works really well in the Focus with 6 speed box imo. Drives really well.

The 5 speed version works well for me also, and ive been driving it for 14 months now, far better than the 1.6 n/a it replaces, ive driven all the variants of focus , petrol and diesel, ecoboost, st etc

I dont see the issue.

I agree alex, it is a great drive.

My problem is low mpg, way lower than posted by ford and by the "independent media"

The owners manual tells me I should be getting around 45 urban when I am getting 10 less.

Every manufacturers MPG figures will be the same

They are not intended for knowing what you'll get real world but for comparing between cars and calculating tax bands.

It says this all over the back of the brochure.

This is why new tests will be coming in to give a closer indication of real world performance. But these tests have to be agreed on by the industry and repeatable in every country any time of year. That's why they are done in labs.

• Like 1

Welcome to the poor m.p.g. Eco boost club Steve. I have posted many times on this forum about my gas guzzling 125ps with forum members saying it will get better as the car runs in. I've had my car now 2 years and it was achieving 31-32 when I first got it. Now with 23k on the clock the mpg is around 37 and on a long journey 41. I don't consider myself naive but was taken in with the "Ecoboost hype" advertising before purchasing my present car. Don't get me wrong the car is a great drive and a lot of the functions that others complain about actually work well on my one. Needless to say I'm on the lookout for another car next year and I am fairly confident it won't be a Ford.

Poorer than lab tests may suggest but still a significant advancement over the 1.6 tivct it replaced imo.

Drives better and still gets better MPG.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I've just bought a 2014 Ecoboost 125bhp. I'd bought it thinking I'd get better milage than my 2005 1.6 focus and it's actually worse. I do 60 mile around the doors every morning and I get less than 30 to the gallon. My old 1.6 was doing about 35

Wow, this thread is back from the dead!

ebd9322117e8227574e87e88773dfd39.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I own a 13 plate 1litre ecoboost Ford Focus & manage to get 34 mile per gallon which is not right & my last focus was a 1.6 litre diesel & I got more mpg out of it than you 1 I have just now so I am wondering if I need to do something to the engine or exhaust to get more mpg & at it’s last mot it got a full service but it’s due an mot in June. Any help would be appreciated 

On a 2013 Ecoboost 1.0 my advice would be sell it now while you still can, or get ready to spend around £1400 sometime in the next 12 months as it will need the wet belts replaced.

• Like 1

That's exactly what we did with my daughter's '63 plate Ecoboost about 4 months back...they are now driving a '67 plate Kia Sportage 👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club