Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Never Ending Problema C Max Tdci Wont Start Now Lol

jamesakers

as you might know from a recent thread I started I had replaced my alternator with a reconned unit. Replaced belt and tensioner. After some head scratching. Started car worked fine battery warning light has gone all great for a day. However I stopped car today went to start and it wouldn't turnover just rapid clicking. Lights did dim and so did the dials. So I bumped the car started fine drove fine still NO battery warning light. Turned car off still same no turnover and just clicking. I did get the battery tested by the shop that did the reconditioned alternators and they said it was fine. Any ideas before I start tearing the starter motor out.

If it's the original it's certainly old enough to be on it's last legs, what kind of test on the battery did the alternator supplier do ?

I don't know what test he did as I didn't take the battery a friend did. But he did say it needs a proper yes not just a mutlimeter putting on it and the machine he pointed to looked beefy lol if that helps. But cheers for help I'll. See if I can get tested tomorrow. After I've opened bonnet as I messed near grille and bonnet wont open lol. Obviously I don't want to jump or bump start car to much because it has the silly smart charge system on it.

The battery needs a proper load test to determine if it has enough capacity ( not voltage ) which is vital for c.c.a.

A multimeter across the terminals will only show the voltage & that may well be 12v + , but without capacity the battery is, in effect, dead

this true but he did say the machine he uses load tested the battery. How I don't know I'm not a electrical engineer. But I suppose with the old alternator buggering up and putting the one on it could have just pushed it to the end after he tested it. I'll repost when I know the answers to the battery test.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club