Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hit And Run By A Fellow Focus Driver, Poor Show.

simcor

I have been playing with the camera.

I am setting it back at 720p 1280x720 30 fps bit rate 663552kbps as the detail it better than 1080p.

1080p 1440 x 1080 15fps 559360kbps when it really should be 1920x1440 so the Full HD is twaddle really.

I have noticed that reading reg plates is fine in the right light and close enough, but at an angle no chance and at distance very little chance.

RAW 16 bit footage

720p 1280x720 @ 30fps x 16bit = 442 Mbps 921,600

1080p 1920x1080 @ 30 fps x 16bit = 995 Mbps 2,073,600

The is RAW uncompressed data, It isn't ever going to do that, Bluray movies are between 18-35Mbps

a 1080p camera can record nearly 2.3x as much data so if your looking for that car plate number there will be over twice as many "dots" making up the image compared to a 720

The problem with your 1080 is that its only recording at half the fps and since cars are likely to be moving your effectively halfing the chance of actually catching that plate clearly, totally negating the improved resolution

you also have quite a low bit rate on both 720 and 1080, id be expecting at least double that on a 720 camera.

Bit rate is where all that detail that can be recorded gets lost, the more that image is compressed the less detail remains once its written to the card, it guesses colours, it looks at colours next to each other and decides that they are almost the same so it wont record them as separate colours, or the image didn't move enough so it just leaves it still, this all adds up to colour banding, blocky, and blured images, higher the bitrate means less compression used meaning more of the image remains

your 720 camera suffers from low bitrate in the first instance and low resolution next, might be possible to beef up the bitrate tho, what camera do you have?

I cant find who actually makes that one, the 402 is actually just a rebranded LS430 made in China by a company called DOD, but there isn't anything on the 302 that I can find, its more than likely got the same insides as something else but they have changed the casing as well.

The Company next base doesn't make any firmware updates at all and without knowing what it actually is, its impossible to get the real firmware update from whoever made it unless its opened up and we look at the PCB, or connect it up to a computer.

In short, there isn't much that can be done with it, just make sure the windows are highly polished,

720 at 30fps will always be better than 1080 at 15

The firmware version on the camera is R08 and there is a later firmware version on nextbase website version R10 so will update the firmware later tonight and see if it makes any difference.

Well I have just updated the firmware to R10 from R08, whether that will make any difference I have no idea.

But it seems the Kyuba Roadcam HD uses the same firmware file FWS632.bin along with a second file LDS632.bin which mine does not require.

http://global.kyuba.com.tw/support-product-updates-roadcam-hd.asp

This seems to have the same firmware file too http://www.frc-net.co.jp/products/driverecorder/zeroplus.html

The other question is should I spend extra on a decent SD card with the highest bitrate for reading and writing?

The other question is should I spend extra on a decent SD card with the highest bitrate for reading and writing?

nope, don't bother.

if the card wasn't good enough it wouldn't work, you might want to get a larger card but keep in mind that some cameras can be extremely picky with the SD cards they use and branded cards don't guarantee compatibility,

in some extreme cases it goes well beyond highlighted standards as well mine is very picky with what cards work due to the 2 streams recording at once

I have had a missed call today from the guy Bidvest believe it was. Saying he has reported the alleged incident to his insurance company, however he has no damage to his car apparently.

So I have tried calling him back to get some details off of him but it went through to voicemail.

So it sounds as though we have got our man, just hope the police and insurance will sort this mess out.

• Like 5

I have had a missed call today from the guy Bidvest believe it was. Saying he has reported the alleged incident to his insurance company, however he has no damage to his car apparently.

So I have tried calling him back to get some details off of him but it went through to voicemail.

So it sounds as though we have got our man, just hope the police and insurance will sort this mess out.

No damage to his car my back side!! At least he has (apparently) reported it to his insurance so it should get worked out from there.

People have different 'degrees' of damage... If his bumper isn't on the floor he doesn't count a minor cosmetic scuff as damage... Whereas I catch a bush on a B road and think the entire car is ruined... :lol:

• Like 5

People have different 'degrees' of damage... If his bumper isn't on the floor he doesn't count a minor cosmetic scuff as damage... Whereas I catch a bush on a B road and think the entire car is ruined... :lol:

If someone just looks at my cars the wrong way i think they are damaging them . . . . . . :unsure:

• Like 3

Well I can confirm it is all as I believed, the vehicle registration is correct although I had to call the company he works for to get that information. So it is all in the hands of the insurers now.

I don't see how they could possibly refute liability based on the evidence so we will see what happens from here.

I will also be taking a trip to the police station with the evidence I have and see if they will take it further.

sadly just for notifying my insurance has increased my premium for next year by £152, not really a surprise although totally unfair in my opinion.

• Like 1

Bit hard to see in the pics, but you could have probably got it repaired for that if it's just a paint scuff :(

Bit hard to see in the pics, but you could have probably got it repaired for that if it's just a paint scuff :(

Very true, I have told my insurer if their insurance does not accept full liability then I do not wish to claim on my insurance as it is not worth it and I will have to fix the damage myself.

This is more a matter of principle. he did it and drove off so I hope the insurance sorts it and the police deal with him for leaving the scene of an accident.

• Like 1

That's ridiculous, I wouldn't have told them tbh. My Mum had a similar scuff fixed on her 6 month old car (albeit solid white) for £100 after a car park hit and run.

Would've been cheaper to take matters into your hands... :ph34r:

• Like 1

The point is they wonder why people don't report things like this is it any wonder. So it by the book and you get rogered.

Well I can confirm it is all as I believed, the vehicle registration is correct although I had to call the company he works for to get that information. So it is all in the hands of the insurers now.

I don't see how they could possibly refute liability based on the evidence so we will see what happens from here.

I will also be taking a trip to the police station with the evidence I have and see if they will take it further.

sadly just for notifying my insurance has increased my premium for next year by £152, not really a surprise although totally unfair in my opinion.

I wouldn't have contacted your insurance if I were you, surely his insurance could have sorted it out themselves without affecting your NCB?

If his insurance admits full liability my car will get fixed and my no claims will be reinstated. If they don't I will withdraw the claim and it will be closed and I should get my no claims back that way too. I just don't think they should touch your no claims or put your premium up until the claim is settled one way or the other.

If his insurance admits full liability my car will get fixed and my no claims will be reinstated. If they don't I will withdraw the claim and it will be closed and I should get my no claims back that way too. I just don't think they should touch your no claims or put your premium up until the claim is settled one way or the other.

They definitely shouldn't and it is wrong that they do. What happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well their insurance company has accepted full liability. My excess has been waived, my no claims is back up to 15 years as of today and a refund of 106 quid of my premium. It's down as a non fault open claim until the repairs are done and my insurance company have recovered the full cost from their insurer. Hopefully then I should get the remainder of 40 odd quid back as well. Car is booked in at a body shop close to me but they are picking the car up from my work on Fri morning. Just waiting for enterprise to ring me to arrange a courtesy car while mine is in. All worked out well in the end thanks to my dashcam footage. Without it I would have been left to fix my own car. Pretty pleased it has been sorted.

• Like 5

It's booked in at Advance Auto Repairs in Holmewood seems they are part of the GK Group having just looked at their website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simcor said:

Well their insurance company has accepted full liability. My excess has been waived, my no claims is back up to 15 years as of today and a refund of 106 quid of my premium. It's down as a non fault open claim until the repairs are done and my insurance company have recovered the full cost from their insurer. Hopefully then I should get the remainder of 40 odd quid back as well. Car is booked in at a body shop close to me but they are picking the car up from my work on Fri morning. Just waiting for enterprise to ring me to arrange a courtesy car while mine is in. All worked out well in the end thanks to my dashcam footage. Without it I would have been left to fix my own car. Pretty pleased it has been sorted.

That's great! :cool:

Lets just hope that the courtesy car isn't a Vauxhall...

• Like 3

Chances are it will probably be a crappy Chevrolet Spark 1 litre piece of crap. A Vauxhall would be a big step up. I don't care if it's a Vauxhall to be fair. I quite like my friends Astra estate.

I had a Chevy Aveo for a courtesy car a pair of years back.

It was a gutless POS but fun when ragged a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club