Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant Flush And Clean

millhouse

Any tips on how to flush the rad on my fiesta mk6 tdci going to give it some fresh coolant going to flush the system 1st

I usually just pull the bottom hose off the radiator to drain the system. To flush the radiator just remove the other hose and use a garden hose to flush water through in both directions.

You don't need to remove a hose... (Although you can if you want to)

Look underneath the nearside of the car, under the radiator. You'll see a plastic Philips head bleed screw. Undo it and drain the coolant out. Make sure the expansion tank lid is off.

Then tighten the screw up again.

Insert new coolant, then undo screw enough to let air out.

Tighten screw

Start engine. With heater set to hot & leave to idle for a few minutes. Keep an eye on the coolant level and top up as necesarry.

Once the car is slightly warm raise the revs to 2k for 5 minutes, keeping an eye on the coolant level

Be sure to tighten the bleed screw as tight as possible or the o ring won't seal!

• Like 1

Always opted to drop a hose, if you damage or snap that plastic screw your in trouble.

Undo what screw to let air out? Not the one on the bottom of the radiator I hope lol.

• Like 1

Always opted to drop a hose, if you damage or snap that plastic screw your in trouble.

Undo what screw to let air out? Not the one on the bottom of the radiator I hope lol.

Yes.. the one in the bottom of the radiator.. that sat letting air out for 30 seconds before any coolant came out After I did my timing belt & water pump etc

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I can't see how, the air would rise not fall. With the cap off the system will burp itself

• Like 1

Well that's what happened, its how I bled the system twice with no issues

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

You won't be bleeding air from the lowest point in a cooling system. They air will have come out from the cap being removed.

• Like 1

The Cap was removed anyway to put coolant in. The screw was tightened up. It barely took any coolant despite it being empty. As soon as I opened the screw you could hear the air escaping at first. Then the coolant began to come through

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying what I've experienced

• 3 years later...

How much antifreeze do I need for my st180

St180 fiesta holds 6.2 litres coolant mix from dry, but you won't get all coolant out. So a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water you will need approx 2.5 to 3 litres antifreeze .

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club