Do Not Sell My Personal Information

car cam installation

mikehorne

i have a car cam that i used my old car, when the ignition was turned off so did the cam and that for me was great. Now on my 2010 fiesta the power is live all the time and i don't like that.

How would i get my cam to only switch on when ignition is on? at the moment I'm unplugging from the 12v accessory socket. read somewhere about a piggyback fuse to something that is not permanently powered?

any answers chaps?

The powersocket turns off after 2minutes so you shouldn't have constant power from that. Piggy back to anything the glove box, like radio etc that turn on with ignition

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/400934836729

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262282108338

These are what you need I have fitted several dash cameras using these and work a treat you just need to add fuse to ignition live in fuse board and your sorted

Sent from my iPod touch using Ford OC

I have a 2011 fiesta titanium and mine don't turn off,think its only the newer ones does as my mates focus on a 2014

plate turns off.

Easy to do,i got me a a loose power cigarette socket off eBay and piggy back fuse like on the link and put it into a fuse

that goes off with ignition,very cheap to do like £3 the lot.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club