Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Ka Strange behaviour

pullark

Hi,

I have 2001 Ka which is acting strangely. Car starts easily and idles fine. As soon as give it some throttle it feels like it's missing. When I take my foot of the throttle it runs rough and almost stalls then after a few seconds settles back into normal idle. However if I have the air conditioning switched on the car runs perfectly. Normally having the air conditioning running would put extra strain on the engine but in my case it actually improves running. I would like to get to the bottom of this issue. I'm thinking it could be something to do with the aircon relay but really not sure. Car has good fuel pressure, new coilpack and leads etc. I think it's fine mechanically but is clearly suffering from a weird electrical gremlin. Has anyone experienced these symptoms? Any thoughts about a fix?

Cheers

Kevin

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club