Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ebay seller who can't accept payment right now???

GMX

I've been using eBay for around 14 years (or for around 1500 separate transactions) and I've never encountered this before, has anyone else?

Having bought a "Buy It now" item on Friday afternoon, I proceeded through eBay checkout to pay, only instead of a Paypal pop-up, I get a message "The sellers can't accept payment right now.  Contact them for help" and below the message, Error codes  "70245 70164"

Thinking it was a site issue rather than a seller issue, I duly messaged them, and then bought a few other things from other sellers.  Absolutely no errors, from either Paypal or eBay, with later purchases, so it's clearly an issue with this particular seller.

I've been trying to pay for my item ever since, on average every couple of hours.  Each time I get the same message with same error codes, I've emailed the seller now, three times, asking them "why can't I pay you? and have they possibly got the wrong email address on their Paypal account?"  Google revealed Error code 70245 is a mismatch between details on Paypal.

Given that they are a registered company and not an individual, this is odd to say the least:unsure:

that sounds to me like the sellers account has been frozen....

Contact eBay and ask them what going on but I wouldn't pay until they clear it up

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 1

Their Paypal account is still locked/frozen, nor have they responded to any of my emails.  It's been 10 days now

However, they are beginning to accrue negative feedback

On 08/03/2016 at 9:55 PM, theredfox said:

what are you trying to buy

Scholl Footcare products

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club