Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2015 X Pack LED Headlights

steveyorks

Hi, I've just taken delivery of a 10 month old Mondeo Titanium X Pack with Adaptive LED headlights, a couple of days ago, and the LED headlights were the first of many disappointments compared to my previous '58 zetec Mondeo, that never caused issues.

Does anyone else have one and has anyone else had issues with the purple haze, for want of better words, that they cast. I find it very distracting and off putting when driving. I have attached a photo, but that very distinct purple line is very off putting; it turns white road signs purple, it turns the red around speed limit signs purple and I can see it reflecting of the rear window of cars in front. If you look at the image you will see that it is actually turning those white window frames high up the wall purple too. I'm told this is perfectly normal, however I wish now I had taken it for a test drive in the dark as it makes it much harder to see. The white light on the road is bright (very bright) so much so that you assume it will dazzle drivers coming in the other direction, but the purple I do find rather disturbing!!

IMAG7365.jpg

• Like 1

I have the LED lights. Theres a slight blue tint but nothing much. That's down I believe to the LED lighting anyway. Other than that they are performing superbly.

I've had Xenons (adaptive and normal) on several cars including  57 and 61 plate Mondeos and these adaptive Leds lights are vastly superior. I sugest you get them looked at.

Having said that. If you have many disappointments comparing to your old car, the rot may have set in.

• Like 1

I have it, too.

Assume  its normal :sleep:

• 2 weeks later...

I test drove a Vignale for a week (through work) & there was a little bit of a purple haze but not enough that it bothered me.  TBH I was quite impressed by how good of a job they did at illuminating things compared to the factory fit Xenons on the previous model.  Each to their own I guess, if I doubt have them checked (I assume it still has a warranty) but as beethoven said I think the dealer will say it's a characteristic of those type of Ford lights.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club