Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help? How to Hardwire Thinkware f750?

Cookey09

Hi everyone
I'm in desperate need of knowing how to correctly wire up the Thinkware f750 dash cam, front and rear. Rear I understand just plugs into the front via cable. No problem, I'm wanting to Hardwire it. But my car a 2014 Ford Fiesta UK. Doesnt have a live 12V when ignition off!? All fuses apparently turn off after 30minutes of inactivity with ignition off... 
So this means I'd have to wire direct to battery? To enable the use of parking mode. My battery is In the engine bay.
I am fine for wiring one of the wires into an ignition switched fuse in the fuse box in the glovebox... This is done by using the tapAfuse technique? Correct me if I'm wrong please?
And one wire to a bolt on the metal chassis...

I'm wanting to Hardwire it before next weekend! But I'm unable to get my head around how I'm going to get a Continious power source to my dashcam to enable parking mode?
Please
Help?
Much appreciated and many thanks in advance.
Cookey.

If none of the passenger fuses stay live, you can use the engine bay fuse box to tap in to.

Are you sure though? The car needs some power to run the alarm, key sensors, immobiliser light, etc.

• Like 1

I'm also certain none stay live. How would I use the engine bay fuse box? 

You can still use a fuse tap, but you'll need to take your power feed through the bulkhead in to the cabin.

I'm sure I've seen a guide by Lenny about doing this sort of thing on his Focus before...

Is there anyway to make a fuse in the fuse box live constant by swapping the location of the fuse? 

And cheers buddy! I'll check it out!

Looking at your manual:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O26543&languageCode=en&marketCode=GB&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1532516&subTitleSelected=G1532518&topicHRef=G1562317&div=f

I would expect anything to do with the alarm, immobiliser, or at least keyless entry, etc to be permanent live, otherwise you can't unlock or start the car!

I read somewhere in he manual all fuses turn off after 30 minutes I'm sure I did, I'm trying to find it now! I don't have keyless entry buddy.

I'm wanting to do this myself, but as days pass it seems more difficult... And less acheiveable, but the price for installation is crazy! 

Doesn't matter if you have keyless entry, it should have the empty fuse location there which should stay live.

The locking system has to stay live or you can't get in.

That's interesting so if I had to buy a fuse how would I wire the +wire to this fuse? 

Then plug into the keyless entry socket... 

You just use a fuse tap, but can leave the bottom fuse holder empty as it doesn't need to power the original circuit.

Then just crimp or solder your wire to the short lead coming out of the fuse tap.

I can't guarantee the keyless entry system is live, but it should be. I would expect at least one of the passenger compartment fuses to be live as it needs to power the receiver for the remote central locking all the time.

Anyway I can check that it is live when ignition off? And ah right! Cheers mate!

Think I've got it mate! Checked which fuses are live when ignition off. Your right. Keyless entry fuse isn't occupied by a fuse, but my circuit tester lights up. 

The rating is 20amp. I'd need to buy a 20amp fuse? Or could I just use the tap a fuse and crimp the wire instead? This is instead of wiring direct to battery... 

You only need to match the fuse to the power requirements of what you need to power.

You can leave the bottom fuse slot of the tap empty as you don't need to power the original circuit.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how much power the dashcam takes up mate? But yeah other than! I believe I'm sorted mate! Cheers for clearing things up! Honestly I was a bit lost. Thanks a lot man. 

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club