Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera trigger

Dudleian

I've connected a reversing camera through to my Pumpkin head unit, wired as per all received wisdom from this site, and it works - except it will not trigger automatically (I have tested it via the aux video in socket so I know it all works) There is a reversing camera trigger wire coming from the head unit which it now appears needs to be wired in (I was hoping it would work without this but I seem to be misguided) - rather than pulling off all the interior trim again ( and feeding yet another wire through the tailgate conduit) can I wire it into the switch that controls the front parking sensors? These are triggered by the reversing light switch and their switch is a damn sight closer to the head unit than the reversing lights.

Any thoughts anyone?

thats certainly an option, and as you say, perhaps the easiest answer. If you want it automatic though, if you have a 12v feed coming down with the data wires, you should be able to short it out with the trigger wire and do both at once automatically.

Hmm - that's an interesting option, I hadn't considered that. I have run the a/v feed front to back and as it wasn't  long enough (and the plug wouldn't pass through the tailgate rubber conduit) I spliced in an extra length to reach the head unit - do you think that tapping into the +ive wire on the video feed would work as a trigger then?

Not likely as it won't run 12v...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club