Do Not Sell My Personal Information

foam lance

zetec turner

I have an I4D lance with I4D foam. I have both the citrus and standard foams from them and both are excellent. I also use the lance with Megs All Purpose Cleaner to strip wax.

Make sure you use a lance with a pressure washer - those that go on the end of a hose are a waste of time.

It all depends what products you use and what your aims are.

As far as I'm concerned - if you're using a good quality hard or soft wax (as opposed to say a liquid wax) you don't want to strip that off each wash - it's too expensive and unnecessary. Good waxes will easily last 3 months if applied well in the first place. To avoid stripping these, you need to use what are known as wax safe products. Both I4D snow foams are wax safe, as are most good quality shampoos. They will take the dirt away without removing the wax layers underneath the dirt.

I only remove wax when it's time to reapply - that way I don't have nice fresh layers over manky old ones. For this you need a stronger product - such as an all purpose cleaner.

Some people do like to apply fresh wax every wash, especially if they're using liquid or fast waxes. If you go for these, then you may want to strip each time. It's more economical in the long wrong to lay out for a high quality wax, and then apply it less frequently.

I use Dodo Juice Light Fantastic- Only used it the once as i only got it the other day

but i have the full kit now

foam lance - on its way

snow foam- on its way

red mist

light fantastic

uber blue drying towel

foam mitts

and other mitts and shizz

So with this wax your saying its best to reapply every three weeks, but before doing so wash with Megs All Purpose Cleaner?

3 months, not weeks. Light fantastic is a good wax, so should last at least that long, especially when topped up with Red Mist. Yes, my routine is to strip it every 3 months with APC in the lance.

OK thanks

my local dealer is dropping my car off in an hour, just had the spoiler fitted, last of the kit 2 go on.

hopefully they have done a better job than they did on the skirts :/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club