Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear suspension bush perished mot advisory

Jason87

Just bought a 2011 tdci and it's had a new mot and has an advisory for rear link arm bushes deteriorated but no excessive movement. Is there anything to worry about?

only advisory but will get worse with time so best to get it renewed:smile:

Just that I've only just bought the car so don't want to have to book it in for a £250 repair already lol

Relatively straight forward job, I did it my self on my mk2 ST can't imagine it being much different

so will my car fall apart lol or will it start knocking when it needs to he replaced? I don't want to damage the car 

start knocking when it needs to be replaced car wont fall a part

A word of warning.

Advisories aren't always right.

Some years ago I had an advisory for play in the track rod end. It had done 200,000 miles so not unexpected.

Went out and bought a new one then got the wheel off. Nothing, no play that I could find. Put the wheel back on again.

The car went to the scrap yard 4 years later with the track rod end in the glove box having passed 3 further MOT's without comment.

Get confirmation that your bushes are bad before you go any further.

If you go to a garage with an advisory they will happily replace a good part and take your money for doing so.

Synical?

Me?

Never!

ScaniaPBman.

• Like 1

the rear bush advisories are extremely common my mk1 had for 3 yrs before I had it had the same advisory and it took 3 years after I had it to need replaced looking at it myself there was nothing wrong with the bush ni movement no splits no cracks looked at a few with similar advisories and almost all are fine.strangely when a ford dealer did the mot and health check he found no issues either.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club